An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an established and successful adult education charity as its Head of Finance, Resources & Internal Services / Deputy CEO
Founded in 1982, this charity is a UK-wide movement of locally run charities that provide a wide range of opportunities for members who are no longer in full-time work to come together to learn for fun. There are 1,057 interest groups with over 450,000 members across the country.
The charity defines the third age as being people who are no longer in fulltime work. Each locally run charity provides a wide range of opportunities for its members to meet, draw on their knowledge and experience to learn and develop their interests, and also to make new friends, and have fun.
Members deliver this on an entirely voluntary basis, and a typical local charity will be home to many interest groups together covering hundreds of different subjects - from art to zoology and everything in between.
The charity has recently undergone a reorganisation which has created the need for the role of Head of Finance, Resources & Internal Services / Deputy CEO
Role: Head of Finance, Resources & Internal Services / Deputy CEO
Location: A mix of in the office in Blackfriars and home working
Salary: £65,000 per annum plus benefits
Key responsibilities will include:
- Advising and supporting the Chief Executive on all internal service operational issues.
- Overseeing financial procedures including budget setting, financial reporting and monitoring of financial risk and all regulatory matters.
- Providing line management support to the Finance Team. Operations Manager and Contracts Manager.
- Identifying and delivering opportunities for raising charitable funds for example through fundraising bids and partnerships.
- Overseeing all aspects of the office processes, policies and procedures, HR, and premises.
- Overseeing the IT infrastructure including the membership database and annual return process.
As such we are looking for someone who has:
- A relevant experience in understanding and examining charity accounts or professional qualification in accountancy (CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CIPFA).
- Experience of providing financial information for fundraising bids, competitive tenders and reports.
- The ability to communicate complex financial and legal issues clearly to non-finance experts and develop effective financial management systems.
- The ability to think strategically and deliver against the charity’s strategy.
- Proven experience of building strong staff teams including developing a shared vision where every team member counts.
This will be an ideal role for someone who wants to make a significant difference to people in their third age who has the talent and experience in leading and managing services to achieve impactful results.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 28th May
Initial Interview: W/C 1st June
If you would like to apply, please submit a CV and Cover Letter to Jenny Hills at Harris Hill.
Jenny Hills: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please note: an earlier version of this role was previously posted in error, for which Harris Hill apologises. Please use this corrected version in considering this position.