Programme Coordinator – Wheels for All
Part time, 30 hours per week
Fixed term contract, 12 months
At Leonard Cheshire we support individuals to live, learn and work as independently as they choose, whatever their ability. Led by people with experience of disability, we are at the heart of local life — opening doors to opportunity, choice and support in communities around the globe. We work to support communities to be inclusive for all, where the whole community equally values all its members because of, not despite, our differences.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Community Engagement team as the Wheels for All Project Coordinator in Gloucester.
- Partnership building with a broad range of existing and potential new partners.
- Understanding the need and demand from participants and partner organisations.
- Delivering inclusive activities needed and appropriate for the target audience.
- Sourcing appropriate adapted cycles & equipment through various fundraising or funding application opportunities.
- Inclusive Wheels for All activity training.
- Supporting the creation of sustainability models, ensuring longevity of the project.
You will be responsible for:
- The continuation of the effective inclusive cycling offer based primarily at Blackbridge Athletics Track, Gloucester.
- The delivery of good quality and well received inclusive cycling sessions for people of all abilities.
- The launch of a regular offer of activities to meet the needs and requirements of all community members.
- The creation of cross departmental partnerships bringing together transport, leisure, education, children’s services, adult social care and health.
- Bringing cycling opportunities to children, adults and the elderly regardless of their ability. Focusing on giving people with disabilities opportunities and choice to cycle anywhere across the Gloucester Region
The post holder should be available to work outside normal office hours and will be expected to respond appropriately in the event of emergencies arising at any time.
• Substantial annual leave.
• A generous employer contribution to a company pension scheme with additional life cover.
• Access to a cash health plan at favourable rates.
• Flexible working and lot’s more.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk. A satisfactory disclosure check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post. References will be obtained for all roles.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once suitable candidates have been appointed.
* No agencies please *