Business Development / Donor Development Manager
St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Eastbourne
St Wilfrid’s Hospice Eastbourne has been providing excellent end of life care to the people of Eastbourne and the surrounding area of East Sussex (a population of 240,000) for the past 40 years and last year we supported over 2,200 people. Our services are rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission and we have a clear vision of reaching increasing numbers of local patients and their families, in close collaboration with our community.
We provide a supportive working environment, which is demonstrated through our values: compassionate, professional, progressive, and respectful, and these are embedded in our culture.
Our people are vital to the future of St Wilfrid’s Hospice and it is essential that we recruit and retain the very best individuals and offer a supportive, engaging, and rewarding working environment.
We are currently seeking a Business Development / Donor Development Manager to join our team.
- Salary of up to £36,000 - £42,000 per annum
- We offer a generous holiday entitlement of 27 days per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discounted cinema tickets
- Employee assistance programmes
- Additional training opportunities
- Supportive working environment
This is an exciting opportunity for a results-oriented and proactive fundraising professional to play an integral role in the growth of our established Individual Giving, Legacy and Trust programme.
By joining our team and succeeding in your role, you will help us continue to provide a high standard of care to our patients and their families when they need it most. In return, we offer an engaging learning environment where career progression is both promoted and facilitated.
As a Business Development / Donor Development Manager, you will develop, implement, and monitor strategies to raise essential funds to support our patient care.
With strong leadership skills, you will manage an experienced team to develop effective supporter journeys and identify individuals for our Mid Value, Major Donor and Legacy Programmes.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage the direction and growth of the Donor Development Team
- Lead, coach and support the In-Memory Co-ordinator and Trusts and Grants Officer
- Support the Database and Supporter Development Lead to ensure that the fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge, is used to its maximum potential
- Ensure systems are in place to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of activities within the Donor Development Team
- Ensure Legacy income is processed effectively and in a timely manner and recorded accurately
- Develop campaigns and activities across a range of channels
- Develop and manage relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
To join us as the Business Development / Donor Development Manager, you will need:
- A proven track record of generating significant funds from individuals through relationship management in a fundraising, sales or marketing role
- A proven track record of success working with others to deliver high quality results to deadlines
- The ability to develop and manage budgets and to report on financial performance against targets
- The ability to develop and implement individual giving and legacy strategies
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment for fundraising from individuals
- Experience of working with CRM systems or databases to maximise income generation performance
- The ability to lead others to deliver against targets and objectives and support, manage and develop a small team
- Good IT skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- To be educated to degree level
Experience of lottery fundraising and Trust applications would be advantageous to your application, as would experience of legacy fundraising.
An Institute of Fundraising Diploma and/or an Institute of Marketing or Direct Marketing Diploma would also be desirable but these are by no means essential.
Other organisations may call this role Fundraising and Development Manager, Senior Development Manager, Fundraising Manager, Partnerships Manager, Giving Manager, Legacy Giving Manager, Prospect Development Officer, or Major Donor Development Manager.
The closing date for this vacancy is the 4th June 2021 with interviews schedules to take place W/C 14th June 2021.
To find out more about this role, please contact Pam Russell, Development Director.
To apply, please download an application form and return completed (this will become available once you have selected the apply button). If you have any questions regarding your application, please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources team.
Please note, CVs will not be accepted unless candidates are unable to complete our application form due to a disability.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.