Job title: Finance Administrator
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £19,000-£21,000 p.a depending on experience
Based at: Zoë’s Place Baby Hospice, Coventry
Application Process: Please send an up to date CV and cover letter explaining why you think you are ideally suited to the role to email@example.com
Responsible to Head of Fundraising
Responsible for Managing the day to day finance administration within the hospice
About Zoe’s Place
We’re incredibly proud of our hospices. We provide respite and palliative care to children aged 0 – 5 years old with life limiting or life-threatening illnesses, with our team of specialist nurses offering 24-7 care and support at end of life.
We’ve created a safe, caring and fun place, where parents know that their child will receive the best care possible - a home away from home.
In order to continue with our specialist work, we need to secure new and sustainable income growth, alongside delivering exceptional supporter care to our existing donors.
Overall aim of the role
You will be responsible for overseeing, processing and monitoring the finance function of Zoe’s Place Coventry, reporting to Head of Fundraising.
You should be innovative, proactive and have excellent experience of financial accounting. Proficient in IT skills including Excel and Word.
Key responsibilities of the role
- To deliver an effective finance management system within the hospice
- Work with other finance administrators to share best practice and continuous improvement
- Liaise with all key stakeholders to ensure robust, consistent and accurate recording of all data
- Adhere to the process for the administering of petty cash
- Ensure all income is recorded consistently and accurately on Donorflex
- Manage and record restricted funds ensuring they are used in accordance with the donor’s wishes
- Manage cash counting and banking process
- Process gift aid claims
- Highlight any legacy income and ensure families/executors are thanked in a sensitive manner
- Prepare regular reports from Donorflex for Head of Fundraising and other colleagues
- Deputising for the Fundraising Administrator during time of absence due to leave, sickness etc.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required by the Head of Fundraising, Director of Income Generation or Executive Trustee
Experience and skills
- Able to analyse numerical data and process accordingly
- You should be able to work with minimum supervision, be proficient in IT skills including Excel and Word
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage a high-volume workload and manage conflicting priorities
- Able to maintain accuracy and attention to detail in a busy working environment
- Comfortable working autonomously and proactively, alongside being a strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing at all levels
- Experience of working in a charity would be distinct advantage
- Experience of Donorflex would a distinct advantage
- To comply with all Hospice policies, including but not limited to GDPR compliance, confidentiality and Health & Safety.
- This job description sets out the key task and responsibilities of the post and is not intended to be comprehensive. It is essential that it is regarded with a degree flexibility to meet the changing needs of the organisation and general business need.