Job title: Marketing Coordinator
Hours: 35 hours per week to include evening and weekend work to suit the business need of the role
Based at: Zoë’s Place Baby Hospice Middlesbrough or Zoe's Place Baby Hospice, Liverpool (PLEASE NOTE: We are recruiting one post for each of these Hospices)
Application Process: Please send an up to date CV and a covering letter detailing why you think you're ideally suited to the role to email@example.com (Middlesbrough) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Liverpool)
Responsible to: Head of Fundraising
Responsible for: The development and delivery of an uplift in marketing activity for the hospice across all channels.
About Zoe’s Place
We’re incredibly proud of our hospices. We provide respite and palliative care to children aged 0 – 5 years old with life limiting or life-threatening illnesses, with our team of specialist nurses offering 24-7 care and support at end of life.
We have created a safe, caring and fun place, where parents know that their child will receive the best care possible - a home away from home.
In order to continue with our specialist work, we need to secure new and sustainable income growth, alongside delivering exceptional supporter care to our existing donors.
Overall aim of the role
- To support the overall marketing strategy for Zoë’s Place Baby Hospice by providing localised activity across a variety of social media platforms and marketing channels.
- Raise awareness of the service delivery of the charity, developing a strong case for support enabling fundraisers to deliver an uplift in income.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Manage the local day-to-day social media content and responses across a variety of platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Publicise and share stories from Zoë’s Place, celebrating fundraising successes, promoting fundraising opportunities, and developing campaigns to raise the profile of the hospice.
- Work with the Fundraising team to develop and design promotional and informational printed materials.
- Create and manage a portfolio of photographs, video, and other multimedia content; as well as relevant consents for the local team.
- Experience in taking excellent photos and producing simple videos is desirable.
- Write and issue press releases to local media outlets, as required across the hospice site as well as building good relationships with local media contacts.
- Provide content to the Marketing Manager
- Research and produce excellent, compelling and accurate family case studies, which demonstrate the services offered and the impact these services have upon the people we support.
- Support the production and delivery of annual mailed-out fundraising campaign letters.
- Create regular E-newsletters; working to increase active readership, and engagement on newsletter call to action, ensuring distribution lists on Mail Chimp are synchronised with Donorflex (our CRM System) and consent is accurately recorded.
- Generate content for annual nationally themed weeks such as Volunteer Week, Baby Loss Week, and Baby Hospice Week.
- Create branded campaign and sponsorship pages on various platforms i.e. JustGiving, Enthuse etc.
- Support and contribute to strategic hospice-wide marketing projects.
- Collaborate closely with equivalent colleagues in other hospice sites within the Trust.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head of Fundraising, or Director of Development, Marketing and Communications
Experience and skills
- Experience either in a similar marketing post, or a relevant qualification. Understanding of marketing principles; both in print marketing, and in digital and social media marketing.
- Experience in creating engaging communication plans for a variety of purposes across a range of platforms
- Ability to write compelling and persuasive copy for a wide range of audiences and publications.
- Ability to manage a wide range of competing priorities and to consistently meet deadlines, whilst maintaining a high standard of work.
- Creative ability in producing engaging messaging and imagery for use across offline and online media.
- Understanding and experience of the Third Sector is desirable.
- Understanding of marketing consent and GDPR legislation.
- Understanding of marketing principles; both in print and digital marketing.
- Excellent ability to grow and nurture relationships with stakeholders from a range of settings; both internally and externally.
- Strong IT skills.
- Commitment to accurate work and strong record keeping.
- The post holder will be required to work evenings and weekend to meet the business needs of the role for which time off in Lieu will be given
- To comply with all Hospice policies, including but not limited to GDPR compliance, confidentiality and Health & Safety.
- This job description sets out the key task and responsibilities of the post and is not intended to be comprehensive. It is essential that it is regarded with a degree flexibility to meet the changing needs of the organisation and general business need.