Marketing Manager - Zoe's Place Baby Hospice
Hours: 35 hours per week to include evening and weekend work to suit the business needs of the role
Salary: £30,000-35,000 p.a depending on experience
Application Process: Please send an up to date CV and covering letter detailing why you think you are suited to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Based at: Coventry/flexible with some home working
Responsible to Head of Fundraising, Coventry
Responsible for Developing and delivering Zoë’s Place Trust Marketing Strategy
About Zoe’s Place
We are incredibly proud of our hospices. We provide respite and palliative care to children aged 0 – 5 years old with life limiting or life-threatening illnesses, with our team of specialist nurses offering 24-7 care and support at end of life.
We have created a safe, caring and fun place, where parents know that their child will receive the best care possible - a home away from home.
In order to continue with our specialist work, we need to secure new and sustainable income growth, alongside delivering exceptional supporter care to our existing donors.
Overview of the role
As a key member of the fundraising and marketing team, you will be an experienced marketing and communications professional who will play a critical role in marketing our income generation portfolio and building our brand.
You will lead on the delivery of marketing campaigns, which ensure all marketing channels are utilised effectively in order to raise awareness of our services, drive up income and secure long-term sustainable support for our work.
Working alongside other members of the Fundraising & Marketing team, you will be responsible for leading the review of our website, branding, marketing materials and developing our newsletter.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Working with the Director of Development, deliver a Marketing & Communications strategy demonstrating a strong case for support that is clear and consistent to all stakeholders and members of the public
- Lead on the review and ongoing development of our branding, website and marketing materials
- Working with the Head of Fundraising, identify, plan and implement marketing plans to support the promotion of key fundraising activities.
- Ensure the photo library is managed to the highest accuracy with appropriate photo consents secured and listed
- Manage organisational PR opportunities
- Manage the local day-to-day social media content and responses across a variety of platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Publicise and share stories from Zoë’s Place, celebrating fundraising successes, promoting fundraising opportunities, and developing campaigns to raise the profile of the hospice.
- Develop a marketing calendar encompassing all aspects of our work and manage accordingly
- Be a direct point of contact for marketing and media communications
- Understand the importance of GDPR and ensure compliance for all marketing activities
- Be conversant with and adhere to I.O.F. and Fundraising Regulator code of practices
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Director of Development and Head of Fundraising
Experience and skills
- The post holder will be educated to degree level and hold a professional marketing qualification
- Conversant with developing a marketing strategy
- Significant experience in marketing across all channels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to articulate our work to a wide range of audiences
- Proven track record in ensuring brand guardianship and ensuring excellent standards and creative design. Some design experience would be preferable.
- Strong team player with the ability to work across the organisation and elicit support from key stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and time management skills coupled with attention to detail
- To comply with all Hospice policies, including but not limited to GDPR compliance, confidentiality and Health & Safety.
- This job description sets out the key task and responsibilities of the post and is not intended to be comprehensive. It is essential that it is regarded with a degree flexibility to meet the changing needs of the organisation and general business need.
As a key member of the fundraising and marketing team, you will play a critical role in developing our marketing our income generation portfolio.