Regional Community Housing Manager
Salary: £39,971 - £42,074 per annum
Contract: Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: Friday 21 May 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 3 June 2021
As our client begin to ease out of lockdown, is now the perfect time to make a career change? If you’re thinking of making a change, have you considered applying to become a Regional Community Housing Services Manager?
- Are you an experienced Housing professional looking for an exciting opportunity?
- Do you put the customer at the heart of everything you do?
- Are you passionate about supporting our clients customers and the communities they live in?
If so, they’d love for you to apply to become a Regional Community Housing Services Manager.
What will the role involve?
You will be using your skills and experience to foster the use of innovative housing management techniques to create sustainable neighbourhoods and communities and establish our client as a place-based anchor organisation. You will need to ensure a team of Community Housing Officers build effective relationships with customers and the wider community in order to understand local challenges and work pro-actively with customers to improve outcomes.
What they’re looking for:
- You should be committed to our client’s values and behaviours;
- You should have the confidence to challenge current ways of working and make recommendations for improvement;
- You will have a positive approach with the ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with difficult situations in an effective, professional and respectful manner;
- A relevant qualification or significant experience of working within Housing Management;
- Recent and relevant experience of working within Housing; with a thorough understanding of Tenancy Management and associated Housing Legislation;
- An understanding of Trauma-informed Practice and Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs);
- Champion and support colleagues to use a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) approach.
Our client are committed to keeping colleagues and candidates safe during COVID-19 and will deploy a range of selection methods that comply with government guidelines.
Our client are committed to safer recruitment and to the protection and safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults and will conduct appropriate background checks where necessary.
Our client are inclusive and passionate about diversity, so they welcome applicants from BAME and LGBTQ+ applicants. They are also a disability confident employer.
Early applications are encouraged as often they experience a high volume of interest for posts and may close the vacancy early.