St Catherine’s Hospice is a local charity with a big ambition: to help everyone face death informed, supported and pain free. Providing expert hospice care, we’re there for people in West Sussex and East Surrey when life comes full circle.
We have an exciting new vacancy for an Assistant Accountant to cover a period of maternity leave. The role will assist the Finance Manager by providing credible, accurate and efficient financial support in the preparation of our monthly management accounts, balance sheet management and routine transactional processes.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with a keen eye for detail and have a desire to develop their financial and analytical skills. In return, you'll be working with a great team in a dynamic organisation with ambitious plans. You will be fully supported to ensure your own personal development.
This post is offered on a full-time basis, working 37.5 hours per week (flexibility will be considered)
Employees at St Catherine’s Hospice can enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday, increasing with length of service to 30 days + public holidays
- Option to buy or sell up to 1 week of annual leave
- Day off for volunteering
- Day off for moving house
- Blue Light Card
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye test vouchers
- Generous Pension – Up to 9% employer contributors or honour NHS pension
- Enhanced maternity/adoption pay
- Pay enhancement of unsocial hours
- Flu Jabs
- Counselling Offering
- Discounted Gym
- Schwartz rounds
- Wellbeing Supervision (aka clinical supervision)
- Career pathway and progression
We are located in Malthouse Road, Crawley, West Sussex, which is within commuting distance from Brighton and London and just a 5 minute walk from Crawley railway station.