EngineeringUK is a not-for-profit organisation, which works in partnership with the engineering community to inform and inspire young people and grow the number and diversity of tomorrow’s engineers. We work locally, regionally and nationally with a wide range of organisations across business and industry, education, professional institutions and the third sector to understand the engineering sector and the skills it requires. We work in partnership with these organisations to develop and promote effective initiatives and programmes to inspire young people to consider a career in engineering.
About the role
This role supports the Head of Business Services in providing legal and compliance services covering contract review, GDPR and Safeguarding.
EngineeringUK is an independent charity and a company limited by guarantee.
Main duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Business Services, responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Head of Business Services to provide timely review of contracts, editing existing contract templates and negotiating with external parties as appropriate.
- Supporting the Head of Business Services with the organisation’s compliance to the UK Data Protection Act 2018, including administering the record of processing, carrying out data retention audits and handling subject access requests.
- Administering Bursaries and Grant Agreements for the organisation.
- Managing the organisations DBS checks and ensuring suppliers and partners are DBS checked where relevant.
- Managing contract administration and the organisations contract database.
- Managing the organisations suite of policies ensuring these are reviewed and updated regularly.
- Providing briefings to the Head of Business Services on Safeguarding, GDPR and other compliance queries as requested.
- Assisting the Head of Business Services with other tasks as necessary.
Reporting to the Head of Business Services, you will be expected to work closely with the Executive Team and other members of staff to aid the effective running of the organisation.
The role will be based at the EngineeringUK offices in London but staff are currently working from home during the pandemic and this arrangement is kept under review.
This is a full-time role that could easily be adapted to four days for the right candidate.
- Significant experience of contract reviews, negotiation and editing of boiler plate contracts.
- Significant experience of GDPR and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
- Experience of Safeguarding.
- Able to provide advice and to know when to seek legal advice in relation to company law, GDPR and Safeguarding.
- Experience of working with people across the organisation to support and encourage them to deliver to deadlines.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Excellent written skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good IT skills.
- Qualification in contract law.
- Experience of working in a small to medium sized organisation with charity status.
Applying for this role
EngineeringUK is an inclusive organisation. We welcome everyone from all talents and backgrounds and enjoy working together on many projects that draw on people’s skills and perspectives from across the organisation. Each applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Please send a CV and statement in support your application (detailing how you fulfil the key criteria for the role) by email to HR@engineeringuk.com, quoting the job title in the subject of your email. Your personal statement should include a short paragraph on each of the criteria listed in the Person Specification to show why you would be a suitable candidate for this role.
The deadline for applications is before 12:00 noon on 27th May 2021.