There has never been a more important time to join the Age UK fundraising team. Against a backdrop of a broken social care system and millions already turning to Age UK for help, older people are amongst those hardest hit by the current pandemic. Age UK launched a sector leading emergency appeal that raised over £12 million to support the older people most in need. This year calls to our trusted Advice Line have doubled and requests for Telephone Friendship have trebled.
Our Fundraising team has a goal to grow our income beyond £60M in the next five years and our digital activities will be critical to us reaching our target. We are investing in an ambitious Fundraising strategy to help us deeply engage more supporters and partners in our work, so that we can be there for the millions of older people who need someone to turn to.
This is an exciting new role in the fundraising team at Age UK. We're a collegiate, bold and motivated fundraising division. We're looking for a Digital Marketing Lead to grow our digital fundraising (income generating) activities including paid social, email, Adwords, search and display to drive key audiences to engage with fundraising campaigns and products. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who has experience working as a digital direct response specialist with a solid understanding of using audience insight for decision making. Could this be you?
All applications must be supported by a full cover letter, highlighting your relevant experience, transferrable skills and why you wish to work for Age UK.
In this role you will:
* Develop and work with teams to implement the digital fundraising strategy
* Be a digital fundraising expert for Individual Marketing, Innovation, Events, Major donors and Legacies.
* Create online user journey models with the Acquisition and Loyalty teams to build out holistic data driven conversion experiences.
* Report on digital fundraising activities to senior stakeholders.
* Use analytics, user research and audience insight to develop and optimise activity.
* Take a bold approach to innovation to engage online audiences including audience driven propositions.
* Focus on increasing email opt-in rates and email engagement across all activities.
* Continually test and learn to inform new product development.
* Responsible for effective line management of an Email Marketing Executive, Fundraising.
* Develop your management skills
* Have an understanding of Charity and Data Protection Regulation legislation relating to digital fundraising and marketing.
What we offer in return
* Flexibility - our employees work full-time, part-time and compressed hours.
* 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and Annual leave purchase scheme
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP
* Annual Season Ticket loan (spread the cost of your commute)
* Cycle to work scheme
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.