Harris Hill are delighted to be working with a national community-development charity in their search for a Communications and Publications Assistant.
This is a new role and the post-holder will be involved in a wide variety of creative projects and will hit the ground running working collaboratively with the wider team.
Telling the story of communities is the backbone of the team's work and a passion they all share. Their communications focus on sharing learning from their portfolio of programmes to influence wider change. With growing political interest in levelling-up society, there is an opportunity to shift power and resources to communities and this role will support the wider team to enable real positive change.
You will give particular support to the organisations publications work and will also have day to day responsibility for the social media channels. You will have a passion for producing effective communications outputs, working on editing long-read reports to writing snappy news pieces and social media posts. You will also have a keen eye for spotting a good photo or headline and able to call out a grammatical error, draft FAQs, and come up with a killer on-brand tweet to inspire the charity's known networks and reach new audiences.
This is an exciting role to join an impactful organisation and make real change while developing you communications and publications experience in a national charity.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a communications or publications position
- Excellent writing and copywriting skills, with knowledge of writing for different audiences and platforms
- Experience of producing publications to a high standard and in line with brand and style guidelines.
- Knowledge of creative software such as video, audio and visual editors or graphic design
- Solid proof reading skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Location: London (Initially remote until restrictions ease)
To find out more please email a copy of your CV to Harriett.Stevens@harrishill.co.uk. This role will firmly close on Friday 21st May at 8.00am.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.