Independent Age works to ensure that as we grow older, we all have the opportunity to live well with dignity, choice and purpose. To achieve this we provide information, advice and connection services for older people; campaign on the issues that matter most to them around health and care, poverty and loneliness and provide capacity building support to others working in the sector.
This is an exciting time to join the charity as we embark on our new ambitious strategy for 2021 – 2023 and increase our profile, impact and reach so more people can live a happy, connected and purposeful later life.
The Content and Creative Services Assistant will assist the Content and Creative Services department in their role to help champion authentic storytelling to ensure that the lives of older people are at the centre of our communications activities.
Working with the Production Assistant, and colleagues from across the organisation, the post-holder will help in the delivery of our content through the design and print processes.
They will assist with:
- general administrative tasks such as purchase order processing, work flow scheduling, artwork filing and media permissions
- obtaining competitive print quotes from our suppliers
- briefing design requests to our internal in-house designer and our external freelancers
- project management of selected projects from taking the brief to briefing in design, co-ordinating amends, to final sign off and print
- obtaining permissions for media usage for case studies
The ideal candidate will have:
- experience of working in a busy content and creative team, in-house or an agency
- proven understanding of content production processes particularly in design and print
- knowledge of the design processes and Creative Cloud applications, particularly InDesign
- strong administrative skills with good attention to detail and be proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications
- good interpersonal skills, the ability to use initiative to convene people if the need arises to problem solve and confidence to engage with internal stakeholders in taking briefs and assisting on amendments
- ability to communicate and articulate clearly, written and verbally, to our external suppliers and build positive and respectful relationships
This role is on a 3 month fixed term, which will be reviewed towards the end of the contract.
As well as a competitive salary we offer 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, a generous pension scheme with life assurance, learning and development opportunities, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
We are passionate about equality, diversity and inclusion and creating an environment where we can ALL be ourselves
Initial interviews will be held on Friday 28 May
To apply, please visit our website to submit a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience meet the criteria within the Job Description and Person Specification, along with a CV.