We are the party of the UK's co-operative movement, committed to building a society where power and wealth are shared. It is an exciting time for the Co-operative Party with a strong team of activists and staff, our largest ever membership and a record group of elected representatives at all levels of government from Westminster to town halls and the devolved parliaments.
We’re recruiting a new Assistant General Secretary to lead our membership and Party organisation functions, and be an important part of our Senior Management Team.
The new AGS will lead the continued development of our membership strategy and journey, working with volunteers and staff to build a compelling membership offer that recruits, retains and motivates a growing membership, and ensures that our membership is representative of the communities we serve.
They will also lead the Party’s activism strategy, identifying new ways to support and involve our members in our campaigns, policy development and local activity. The AGS will oversee the support we provide to our local, regional and national units, including line management of our team of regional organisers.
The Co-operative Party is committed to being an inclusive organisation, where everyone is supported to play a part. That means the new AGS will work with our General Secretary and the National Executive to ensure we have the best procedures, policies and guidance, and that we deliver against our ambitious strategic plan. This includes overseeing the development of our operational systems, including HR, finance and IT.
- Location: Flexible: home-working or working from Co-operative Party office in London (when re-opened)
- Salary: £47,475 (London) or £43,387 (outside London) per annum, plus generous annual leave, pay progression, pension contribution, life assurance and recognised trade union.
- Hours: 35 hours per week, with some evening and weekend working
- Contract: Permanent
- Deadline for applications: 12 noon on Tuesday 11 May 2021.
- For more details and how to apply follow https://party.coop/jobs
The Co-operative Party values equality and diversity and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.