Are you an outstanding project manager? This is an incredible opportunity to use your project management experience to help the UK’s largest nature conservation charity and the world’s leading independent conservation organisation to help save UK nature and the planet.
Wild Isles Project Manager
Salary: £27,574.00 - £30,590.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days annual leave, flexible working
Duration: 2 year Fixed Term contract - Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
The Wild Isles project, built around a landmark natural history TV series to be broadcast in early 2023, is a unique partnership between WWF, our client and Silverback Films. The project is aimed at inspiring people in the UK to value and protect UK nature. It will encompass a full programme of activity incorporating public engagement, mobilisation, supporter growth, campaigns and advocacy.
As the Wild Isles Project Manager, you will be hosted by our client, working across both this charity and WWF to collaborate with colleagues and their partners to ensure the project is developed and delivered both effectively and brilliantly.
What’s the role about?
You will be playing a crucial role in a high-profile programme to inspire the public to value and protect UK nature
You will work alongside the core team to support the creation of a robust project plan and then deliver it brilliantly
You will build and lead project workstreams to ensure that project outputs and outcomes are achieved.
You will work across many different and diverse teams, across this charity and WWF
Key activities will include:
- Producing relevant project documentation
- Directing and motivating the Wild Isles project team and ensuring that the project remains focused on its core objectives, preventing scope creep
- Working closely with WWF and colleagues to ensure activities contribute to overall programme goals
- Coordinating internal stakeholders keeping them fully involved and informed, including setting up key meetings
- Identifying, recording, managing and communicating risks and issues, putting in place appropriate contingency actions
- Taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where required to keep the project on track
- Managing and monitoring Wild Isles project budget and producing finance reports as required
- Invoice and procurement support
What they need from you
- A natural ability to multi-task and problem solve, able to prioritise workload based on strategic and tactical business priorities; and to deliver results consistently on-time and within budget
- Experience working on a high profile, complex and fast-moving project
- A proven record of project management, working to a standard project management framework
- Experience of leading, managing and influencing multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of developing and managing budgets
- An ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing timescales
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills; this role involves working across various areas of the charity and with external partners.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and working in partnerships to achieve shared outcomes.
- Although not essential, experience working on a project with a significant communications, marketing, mobilisation component would be helpful
The charity is a flexible and generous employer that supports remote working from any location and flexible work hours to meet your needs. You will be working with a team of passionate individuals all over the UK who are dedicated to saving the planet and empowering people.
Closing date: 17:30, 26 May 2021
Please click 'Apply’ - you will be prompted to complete a short CHM Recruit form before being redirected to complete your application.
No agencies please.