Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea.
Our staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. We respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within our teams, and consider it essential to help us deliver a world-class lifesaving service. We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone.
We’re looking for FOUR social media professionals with strong customer service skills to support our goal to make every supporter feel valued and loved by the RNLI, as well as helping to achieve ambitious fundraising targets, protect the RNLI’s reputation, and deliver lifesaving safety messages to the public.
As a Social Media Executive, your focus will be to…
- Deliver first class customer service to supporters, volunteers and members of the public who engage with the RNLI on social media.
- Create, curate and schedule engaging content for our social media channels.
- Be alert and responsive to the news agenda, keeping abreast of issues affecting the RNLI and identifying PR opportunities and trends on social media that we can engage with.
- Provide support during crisis and major issues response.
You’ll be experienced and comfortable communicating with the public and customers/supporters via social media, ideally in the charity sector. You will be able to demonstrate the skill required to nurture an online community, and provide an excellent customer/supporter experience. To be considered for the Social Media Manager role you will have:
- A proven record in customer service and community management via social.
- Experience using social media in a professional setting.
- Experience creating basic content for social media.
- Creative ideas that you can translate into engaging content.
- The ability to communicate well with other teams and stakeholders.
We are a 24/7 emergency service. You will be required to take part in an online community management rota system, which includes shifts between 7am and 9pm, and you will be required to work regular weekends (with time off in lieu during the week).
If this sounds like you, please click the apply button to be taken to the RNLI recruitment page.
Closing date: 18 May 2021.
Interview dates: 3 or 4 June 2021.