Sightsavers has an exciting opportunity for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our dynamic and busy recruitment team, providing in-house recruitment expertise and support to Sightsavers’ hiring managers in the UK and around the world.
Contract: Maternity Cover -12 Month Fixed Term
Location: Haywards Heath, remote working until further notice
Sightsavers works to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. We’re proud to be a leader in our field and each year, we improve the lives of millions in the poorest parts of the world. We work in more than 30 countries worldwide, focusing on Africa and Asia. People are at the centre of everything that we do and Sightsavers is committed to embracing diversity throughout our workforce by creating an inclusive environment that reflects the many cultures and locations where we work.
About the role
In this varied, challenging and massively rewarding role you will be working with internal stakeholders, recruiting to a wide variety of roles across the globe, providing a high-quality end to end recruitment service. You will ensure that Sightsavers’ recruitment campaigns are effective, sourcing candidates directly and leveraging our networks, database and specialist sites. This role will involve:
- working with hiring managers to identify and design appropriate campaigns to continue building our talented and diverse teams
- taking detailed recruitment briefs, asking incisive questions and rapidly building your organisational knowledge and understanding to add value at all stages of the recruitment process
- advising hiring managers on recruitment best practice and keeping them and yourself up to date with market trends and legislation
- communicating effectively and positively with potential applicants and candidates, representing Sightsavers as an employer of choice
- building a talent pipeline and utilising the ATS
- providing accurate recruitment, onboarding and employee administration including job descriptions and contracts
- working collaboratively as part of the wider HR Operations team providing effective HR operational support
To succeed in this role, you will be hard working, service-driven and passionate about people. You will have a proven, successful track record as an in-house or consultancy recruiter across a range of industries, ideally including international and/ or complex organisations. You should also have:
- experience of working in a fast-paced environment, successfully delivering to multiple deadlines and prioritising your workload
- experience of managing multiple stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- an absolute commitment to excellent candidate experience
- strong planning and organising skills
- an improvement mindset with the ability to identify opportunities to add value
- knowledge of HR systems and processes
- fluency in French (advantageous)
- the ability to work productively on a remote basis
- a demonstrable commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion
- the right to work in the UK before and during your employment
This is an involved role, please read the full job description
Sightsavers offers a supportive and inclusive work environment and we offer some fantastic benefits including generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts.
Whilst we are all currently working from home, there will be an expectation that the successful candidate is able to occasionally visit our offices in Haywards Heath, West Sussex (RH16 3BW). Take a look around the offices here by visiting the application link. It’s an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London.
To apply for this brilliant opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying so please don’t skip this section! We anticipate that remote interviews will take place in late May 2021.
Sightsavers is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work and we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.