Level: Entry Level
Job Type: Permanent
Benefits: 27 days’ holiday, buy and sell annual leave programme, Perkbox, health cash plan and more
We are currently looking for a Referral and Advice Worker to deliver a high-quality telephone referral line service. This service will include a full needs and risk assessment in order to provide women and children escaping domestic abuse with a range of options, including signposting to other agencies, or access to refuge accommodation. This role plays a key part in being the first step for women who have experienced domestic abuse to move forward.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent telephone manner, with the ability to listen and understand the client’s needs. Also, solid knowledge of benefits, immigration rules and housing are essential to be successful.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing effective telephone advice, information and support to women and children who are living with, or fleeing, domestic abuse
- Advising women and professionals via telephone on options for staying safe and independent, or to access refuge accommodation
- Providing effective telephone advice, information and support to other statutory and voluntary agencies who are seeking advice for their clients who may be experiencing or escaping domestic abuse
- Covering the Referral and Information line, working either 9:00am-5:00pm or 10:00am- 6:00pm
To be successful in this job you will require:
- Experience of delivering support to adults from diverse backgrounds, and with mixed abilities and complex needs in a supported environment, preferably in Domestic Violence Abuse (DVA) refuges
- Demonstrable experience in providing support, and assessing needs and risks over the telephone
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking individual assessments, including risk assessments and developing and delivering support plans
- Understanding of local and national approaches to tackling domestic abuse, including MARAC, child protection, social and voluntary services approaches/involvement
- Excellent communication skills
Housing for Women is an independent organisation and we support women in London to challenge the inequalities they face. As a charity and a registered housing association, we are proud to have housed London’s women for 80 years; providing secure, affordable housing and related services to help them make the most of the opportunities they have.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and open to women only (exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1).
So, if you’re seeing your next role as a Referral and Advice Line Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Helpline Support Advisor, Support Line Advisor, Customer Service Agent, Healthcare Support Advisor, Call Centre Agent, or Mental Health Helpline Advisor.