Senior Stakeholder Engagement Manager (210000D5)
UKRI – AHRC, Swindon
Reporting to the Head of Strategy, Impact and Evidence (SIE), You will manage a dynamic, strategically focussed programme of stakeholder engagement that will enable the organisation to build relationships with key stakeholders, support consultation, mutual intelligence sharing and horizon scanning, and raise the profile, reach and impact of arts and humanities research.
The role will involve:
- Managing an ongoing, newly re-launched programme of engagement with Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), including evaluating its success;
- Managing engagements with a wide portfolio of stakeholders from across research, policymaking and the cultural and creative sectors;
- Developing briefings and key messaging materials to support stakeholder engagement activity, working with colleagues within SIE and UKRI comms, as well as teams across the organisation;
- Working closely with the Executive Chair and the Executive office to provide briefings and guidance, and to identify new and priority stakeholders;
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the delivery of AHRC’s programme of engagement with HEIs at the Vice Chancellor/Executive Chair level.
- Managing the stakeholder (non-HEIs) engagement strategy for the Executive Chair, working collaboratively with AHRC’s executive team UKRI’s External Affairs and Public Policy teams to plan and coordinate activity.
- Building strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels and leading and motivate staff across the organisation who are working on stakeholder engagement activities, encouraging a culture of openness and proactive intelligence sharing.
You will need:
- A degree, or the ability to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and skill;
- A broad appreciation of the value and impact of arts and humanities research, and its significance for the UK’s society, economy and culture; demonstrable understanding of the mission and aims of the AHRC and UKRI;
- Extensive experience in a stakeholder relations/engagement role, managing stakeholders at all levels across a range of organisations and sectors;
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing integrated engagement campaigns for a range of stakeholders (for example Higher Education Institutions; Independent Research Organisations; business and industry; policy makers; other beneficiaries of research).
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to see more details and to apply please click the apply now button. Please include a covering letter outlining how you fit the role criteria.
The closing date for applications is 9th May 2021