Victoria Animal Hospital, London
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
Now, we’re looking for a Laboratory Manager to join our incredible animal hospital in Victoria.
- Salary of £24,569 - £26,066 (Grade 4.1) plus £3,954 London Weighting Allowance per annum
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life insurance (after probationary period)
- Season ticket loan (after probation period)
- Employee assistance programme, including a 24/7 confidential counselling line, support with personal issues and financial advice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free eye tests
- One day volunteering
- Develop your career with a charity that’s been supporting animals since 1897
You will be given the tools to develop your skills, challenge yourself and realise your full potential, joining a dedicated and supportive team as we work towards our vision of ensuring every pet has a healthy life and happy home.
This is an exciting opportunity for an organised and enthusiastic professional, with proven experience of carrying out core laboratory work, to manage a small team providing a wide range of in-house laboratory tests.
As a Laboratory Manager, your role will also include:
- Ensuring quality control activities are carried out
- Managing troubleshooting and purchase order systems
- Maintaining computerised records
- Ensuring meticulous data entry and analysis
To be considered as a Laboratory Manager, you will need:
- A HNC or HND diploma in biological sciences or Veterinary Nursing Diploma
- Demonstratable experience in haematology, microbiology or biochemistry
A degree level qualification in biological sciences or equivalent would be beneficial to your application. Strong IT skills, especially with Word and Excel would also be an advantage, as would knowledge of quality control. The ability to work well within a fast-paced environment would also be desirable.
This is a Full-Time role on a 12 month, Fixed Term Contract.
Other organisations may call this role Lab Manager, Laboratory Supervisor, Laboratory Team Manager, Laboratory Team Lead, Senior Lab Scientist, or Laboratory co-ordinator.
To apply for this role, please select the apply button and complete the online application process.
The closing date for this role is: 11th May 2021
Please be aware that due to the current circumstances with COVID-19, interviews will be held virtually.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Webrecruit and Blue Cross are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.