Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Philanthropy Team in a new role of Philanthropy Executive to help the team raise funds for our amazing cause. The Philanthropy Team focus on raising major donations of £10,000 and upwards from individuals in their lifetime. The team’s success relies on providing philanthropists with a meaningful and rewarding experience when donating to the RNLI which this role is critical in helping to deliver.
As a Philanthropy Executive supporting a Senior Manager and team of Philanthropy Managers, you will:
- be responsible for the delivery of a national and regional event programme and support of a giving club.
- be responsible for the effective management of donor enquiries into the RNLI and for a small portfolio of low-level philanthropy donors.
- seek opportunities to engage and inspire donors through the management of a recognition and stewardship programme and by supporting Managers to deliver high-quality written asks and updates.
- be responsible for helping to improve and streamline philanthropy stewardship, record-keeping and engagement processes both within the team and with colleagues in a wide range of different departments across the RNLI.
To be considered as our new Philanthropy Executive, you will:
- ideally, have experience in relationship and portfolio management in a fundraising environment or similar discipline.
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills showing a good understanding of how to adapt style to different audiences.
- be resilient, resourceful and highly organised with a strong eye for detail.
- be computer literate with demonstrable experience in working with databases and managing financial information on spreadsheets.
This is an entry level fundraising role where you will be able to build on your existing experience in fundraising and donor engagement. In return, we will offer the opportunity to gain valuable fundraising skills and an exciting steppingstone into philanthropy fundraising.
This role will be based at the RNLI’s Support Centre in Poole. It will suit someone who is looking to be largely desk based, but the successful candidate may also be required to undertake occasional travel including some weekends and evenings.
If you would like to help us save more lives at sea, we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: 9 May 2021.
Interview date: w/c 17 May 2021.