Head of Partnerships and Bids
London or Birmingham
What we do
The Money Advice Trust was founded in 1991 as an independent charity with the support of the government, creditors, and the advice sectors.
Money Advice Trust helps people across the UK to tackle their debts and manage their money with confidence. We give free independent and confidential advice to people and business across the UK through our telephone and online advice services which include National Debtline, Business Debtline as well as Wiseradviser.
We are now looking for a Head of Partnerships and Bids to join our team and play a leading role in our fundraising activity.
- Salary of £65,000
- Generous pension scheme
- 37 days’ annual leave
- Great benefits package
This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre fundraising or income-generation professional to play a pivotal part in our newly formed Partnerships and Bids Team.
You will be joining a forward-thinking charity dedicated to helping people across the UK and will act in an inspirational and passionate leadership capacity, delivering the funding we need to continue our activities.
It’s an important time to be joining us as we support and advise even more people than before in the wake of the pandemic and so our continuing operations are dependant on sustainable funding. And that’s where you come in, without your efforts and leadership, our charitable work would grind to a halt.
To support our day-to-day working, we’ve got a strong set of values that affect everything we do: to be balanced, supporting and innovative. If these resonate with you and you are eager to make a difference to people right across the UK, this is the role for you.
About The Role
As the Head of Partnerships and Bids, you will lead our income generation strategy through effective bid management and relationship development.
Specifically, you will establish our bid management function and develop senior level relationships with commissioners in England (mainly through the Money and Pension Service) and the devolved administrations.
Ensuring we actively seek out, and respond to, funding opportunities, you will seek to secure funding through submitting compelling and realistic bids and proposals rooted in evidence.
Additionally, you will:
- Develop new approaches to funding debt advice services at a sector-wide level
- Work closely with senior stakeholders from the advice sector, creditors and the government
- Oversee the running and delivery of the Trust’s annual funding model
- Maintain excellent relationships with creditors
- Develop funding proposals
To be considered as Head of Partnerships and Bids, you will need:
- Relevant bid management, fundraising or commercial business development experience including identifying and developing new income-generating opportunities
- A proven track record of developing successful fundraising and/or competitive bid proposals
- Demonstrable experience in the management and development of large and complex proposals, and the ability to lead and embed a matrix-working environment overseeing multi-disciplinary teams
- A track record of highly effective stakeholder engagement at all levels and the ability to influence within a complex external landscape
- An understanding of public sector procurement rules and good bid management practice
- The ability to see the big picture, learn quickly and take measured risks
We welcome applications from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and from across the charity sector, as well as the public or private sector, with appropriate transferrable skills and experience.
To apply, please select the apply button and include a cover letter and CV detailing how your skills, experience and qualifications meet the requested criteria for this role.
Closing Date: 11th May 2021
Interviews: 18th, 19th and 20th May 2021
Please note, the interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams.
Unfortunately, due to the expected volume of interest for this role, we will not be able to respond to each application, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.
Other organisations may call this role Strategic Bid Director, Head of Fundraising, Lead Income Generator, Bid Director, Head of Partnerships And Funding, or Strategic Development Director.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.