Alder Hey Children’s Charity raises vital funds to help make Alder Hey Children's Hospital a truly world-class, patient-friendly hospital for the 330,000 patients and families we care for every year.
The charity helps to fund a range of activities and projects that are designed to enhance and improve the lives of our amazing young patients. This includes the funding of specialist medical equipment to ensure our brilliant surgeons and clinical staff have the most up to date and cutting edge technology available and funding hi-tech distraction equipment designed and proven to reduce pain and anxiety in our patients. We also fund a range of programmes and special projects such as our ward musicians, our on-site magician and the play specialists we have on every ward.
In Spring 2020 we launched our £3m Children's Mental Health Appeal. Our 7 in 10 Appeal highlights that 70% of young people with a mental health condition are currently missing out on vital mental health interventions at a sufficiently early age. The Appeal is aiming to raise vital funds to enhance inpatient and community mental health services at Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, enabling more children to access the treatment they need at the time they need it, an already vitally needed service which is seeing increasing demand due to the impact of Covid-19.
About this role:
The Digital Fundraising Manager will support with planning and managing all digital fundraising and marketing activity for the charity to maximise fundraising income.
We are looking for an individual that has a passion for digital marketing and a thirst to deliver their digital experience and marketing techniques in the charity sector.
You will have a clear understanding and keen interest in the latest trends in digital and possess both the creative and technical skills to deliver a digital strategy for the charity. You will also have an in-depth knowledge of digital ad placement and optimisation with a keen focus on ROI across multiple channels, including Facebook, PPC, Twitter and Instagram, along with experience of MailChimp and Shopify (or similar). Candidates should possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, pressured and often changing work environment. Charity experience is desirable but creating great response-driven digital copy and optimising it by understanding the audience is vital. We are a small but highly focussed team so we need someone who really lives and breathes our values, with a passion for the work we do at Alder Hey and a desire to tell our story to the nation.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Work with Head of Marketing to devise and implement a digital strategy that effectively integrates with the wider fundraising offering whilst remaining sympathetic to Trust Comms.
- Lead and manage the digital agency for SEO, PPC and social media campaigns, plus web development agency.
- Develop our e-commerce site offering and integrate with current social channels.
- Be the digital expert within fundraising - supporting Community, Corporate, Trusts & Foundations and Major Giving teams to effectively digitise fundraising where appropriate.
- Support with digital ad and social campaigns, taking responsibility for all metrics including income generation.
- Work with Stewardship & Marketing Officer to create and implement digital stewardship plans.
- Be responsible for day-to-day implementation of digital campaigns and activity to deliver against set targets.
- Ensure content on website is continually updated and optimised to maximise supporter engagement.
- Help develop improvements to current website donor journey.
- Identify and test new platforms and channels.
- Work with Marketing and Trust Comms to ensure digital fundraising integrates appropriately with media and communications strategy and activities.
- Ensure that all digital fundraising activities are legal and adhere to industry best practise.
- Be an outstanding advocate for Alder Hey Children’s Charity in line with the core values of the organisation.
- Gain and maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the charity’s work, priorities and future plans and act as a spokesperson for the Charity when required, including representing at external events as appropriate.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by your line manager.
Here at Alder Hey Children’s Charity, our values guide the way in which we work. By being courageous, working together, being passionate about our work, and making sure that we are creative in what we do, helps us to deliver the support necessary so that our Hospital can continue to deliver the very best care for our young patients and their families. Our values are:
Courage: we try new things and take risks to innovate and drive forward new ideas. We have the courage to speak up and take a stance. We are accountable, responsive and responsible. We are unstoppable.
Together: we work together as one team, sharing our knowledge and learning. We work in partnership with patients, families, supporters and colleagues. We are respectful, celebrate diversity and empower each other to achieve our aims.
Passion: we are passionate about what we do and why we do it. We work together to share and grow. We inspire others.
Magical: we are fun, creative and child led. We create special moments, provide little extras and go further for our brave young patients.
We're open to this role being home based, office based or a mix of the two (our offices are located on site at Alder Hey in Liverpool).
How to apply
You can apply by clicking the link below. Applications must include your CV and a covering letter which explains how you meet the requirements of the role.
Additional information is included within the Job Description and Person Specification.
Closing date: 23 May 2021
Alder Hey Children’s Charity will make every endeavour to make any reasonable adjustments for applicants who require assistance in carrying out their duties due to a disability. Alder Hey Children’s Charity is committed to equal opportunities and positively welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Alder Hey Children’s Charity is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. The post holder may be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure check.