Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
Now, we’re looking for a Hospital Lead to take on a brand new role at our incredible animal hospital in Grimsby.
- Salary of £40,843 - £62,557 (Grade 2) per annum dependent on skills and experience
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life insurance (after probationary period)
- Employee assistance programme, including a 24/7 confidential counselling line, support with personal issues and financial advice
- Develop your career with a charity that’s been supporting animals since 1897
This is a rare and exciting role for a senior veterinary, clinical or medical professional with experience of delivering strategic objectives and leading change to advance and develop their career with our exceptional charity.
In this highly varied and engaging role, you will be making a positive and long-lasting impact upon our Grimsby hospital, driving constructive change and ensuring we have the best possible outcomes.
You’ll be involved in all manner of activities right across the hospital ensuring that no two days are the same and you can make a difference to a huge range of departments, teams and processes.
So, if you are ready to lead, to make a difference and to drive amazing changes that will see our hospital continue to thrive, this is the role for you.
As the Hospital Lead, you will be responsible for delivering the clinical strategy at our Grimsby Hospital, ensuring we operate efficiently, in a sustainable manner and to the highest possible standards.
Your role will incorporate a wide range of functions and activities, and you will be involved in health & safety, financial management, team leadership and facilities/maintenance matters.
Working closely with peers to support the Clinical Team, you will seek out and maximise opportunities to integrate services across our charity and with external partners.
Your role will also involve:
- Continuous improvement activities
- Driving efficiencies and sustainability
- Supporting income generation and fundraising
- Ensuring the welfare of pets and high quality services are at the forefront of our thinking at all times
To be considered as the Hospital Lead, you will need:
- Experience of leading professional multi-disciplinary teams in a veterinary or clinical and/or medical environment or similar
- Experience of leading teams through continuous improvement, progressive and cultural change
- Proven experience of delivering strategic objectives at an organisational, directorate and hospital level
- Extensive experience of managing a budget to include the monitoring, forecasting and production of numerical data for reports and insights
Other organisations may call this role Veterinary Lead, Senior Vet, Veterinary Manager, Veterinary Operations Manager, or Senior Veterinary Manager.
Webrecruit and Blue Cross are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Hospital Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.