Business Development Manager
Are you passionate and driven to help build a better world and have experience in sales or business development? We have an exciting and rewarding role working with the Managing Director ensuring that business development, sales and renewals are successfully achieved for this award-winning international social enterprise accreditation authority.
Position: Business Development Manager
Location: Home or office based in Plymouth (flexible)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: from £25,000 pa, depending on experience
Contract: Fixed-term (maternity cover, up to 12 months)
Benefits: Statutory allowance with rise to 8% employer’s contribution on completion of probationary period, 25 days exclusive of bank holidays (pro-rata)
Closing Date: 16th May 2021
Interviews: 24th or 26th May 2021
The Business Development Manager will work closely with the Managing Director to successfully achieve the organisations business plan.
Key Duties and responsibilities include:
- Contribute to overall business planning
- Ensure that new customer sales and renewals targets are met
- Work proactively to develop, manage and follow up on leads
- Manage initial sales enquiries
- Co-ordination of the application process, including effectively resolving queries and complaints
- Manage the licence renewals process for all
- Ensure alignment with and amplification of key marketing messages through business development activities
- Represent the organisation effectively at events
- Build and develop effective partnerships
- Issue of some key client communications such as welcome packs, assessment certificates, approvals and reports
- Manage the drafting of partnership and other proposals and contracts
As Business Development Manager, you will have knowledge and awareness of the social enterprise environment and personal values and convictions that fit with the social enterprise movement and business model
You will have:
- Demonstrable experience of and skills in business development/sales in a commercial context
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, particularly in developing and delivering processes
- Organisational and planning skills, including achieving goals and deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to travel where necessary
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload and operate as part of a small, cohesive team
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- IT literacy
As part of the recruitment process you will be asked to submit a CV and Cover Letter to support your application.
About the Organisation
Work for an award-winning international social enterprise accreditation authority, which recognises and builds the capabilities of social enterprises as competitive, sustainable businesses, dedicated to maximising social impact. The organisation is the only social enterprise accreditation body to operate as a social enterprise and were named in the top 40 UK social enterprises in the 2020 SE100 Index and Social Business Awards.
As a Disability Confident employer and member of the Global Equality collective, the organisation is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. It aspires to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.
Other roles you may have experience of could include Business Development, Business Development Executive, Account Manager, Business Development Lead, Senior Business Development Manager, Business Development Manager, Business Development Officer, Development Manager, Social Enterprise, Sales, Sales Lead, Sales Manager, Renewals, Membership, Membership Sales, Memberships, Accreditation, Sales Executive.