Responsible to: Partnerships & Inclusion Manager (and other delegated staff)
Part time, 30 hours per week
12 month fixed term contract (possibility of extension)
Citizens Advice South Warwickshire is looking to recruit a housing caseworker to cover the Warwick district area of south Warwickshire and work in conjunction with our Stratford District housing caseworker. The aim of the role is to prevent clients from facing homelessness and evictions, by providing advocacy, advice and support to clients within Warwick District.
The caseworker will provide money advice and representation at court for clients at risk of repossession in order to prevent homelessness. Supporting clients to reduce the risk of falling into rent arrears by helping them to resolve their debt issues, doing income maximisation through benefit claims, applying for hardship grants and educating on financial capability, referring more complex debt cases onto specialist debt caseworkers.
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate that they have:
- Minimum 12 months advice experience with Citizens Advice or a similar advice organisation.
- Experience in dealing with people housing and debt issues
- Demonstrate sensitivity, emotional resilience and a non-judgemental attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, confidence and patience
- Skills in advocacy, advice and support - depending on the needs of the client.
- Awareness of your own personal safety at all times and of those you are in close contact with
- Ability to work as part of a multi disciplinary team internally and with external organisations.
- Willingness to undertake further development or training as required by this project.
- Ability to work independently, with or without close supervision
- Use of own transport and visiting clients in their own homes.
Above all else, you should have compassion and drive to help change people’s lives for the better and provide excellent quality of advice. Due to Covid19 the role will not visit homes or outreach locations until safely advised by the Government and subject to our internal assessments, support will be provided by other methods. Our teams are currently working from home providing telephone, email advice and support.
Closing date: Monday 24th May 2021 9am.
Interviews will be held via video conference w/c: Monday 31st May 2021
Further details including how to apply and job pack available on our website via the Apply button.
We look forward to receiving your application.