We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Fundraising Manager, to help a Cambridge based charity increase income from trusts and foundations, major donors and legacies.
Our client is a local charity that cares about Cambridge and its green landscapes, they protect the green setting of Cambridge and its most valuable landscapes and work to enhance and connect them for people and nature.
Position: Fundraising Manager
Salary: circa £35,000 pro-rata, dependent on experience.
Location: Wandlebury Country Park, Cambridge - This role is suitable for home working combined with team working at the office and site-based activity.
Duration Full-time (37.5 hrs per week) preferred but will consider flexible working arrangements to accommodate work-life balance.
Benefits: 33 days annual holiday entitlement pro rata, includes allowance for Public/Bank Holidays, a pension contribution of up to 5% of gross pay.
Closing date: 10:00am, Monday 17 May 2021
About the role:
As Fundraising Manager you will be a key member of the Management Team, you will co-ordinate and deliver fundraising activity and own the charity’s fundraising targets.
This role potentially covers the full range of fundraising opportunities, the main focus will be fundraising from mid-level donors, legacies, membership and trusts/foundations. The charity’s ambition is to develop a small team who can work to broaden the scope of the fundraising work, there will be opportunities for line management responsibilities if desired.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Increase charitable giving from current supporters.
- Research and identify fundraising opportunities from trusts and foundations as well a major donors and corporate fundraising.
- Develop and promote appealing memorial and legacy giving opportunities.
- Responsible for membership recruitment and retention to achieve annual targets for membership subscriptions.
- Develop and maintain effective systems to support the fundraising functions of the charity.
- With the CEO, discuss and agree an annual budget for fundraising.
- Prepare accurate, succinct and easy to understand reports on the charity’s fundraising work.
- Ensure that the charity adheres to relevant fundraising legislation, including compliance with the Fundraising Regulators guidelines.
To be successful in the role of Fundraising Manager you will be supportive of the charity’s cause; you will use your relationship management skills to strengthen existing funding relationships and use your research and networking skills to identify and cultivate new opportunities.
You will bring with you the following key skills and experience:
- Demonstrable evidence of successful fundraising from individual donors, trusts & foundations and legacies.
- Excellent written and visual communication skills, with evidence of producing effective fundraising content.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to encourage support for the charity and build long-term relationships.
- Knowledge of UK fundraising and data protection regulations.
- An excellent eye for detail.
- Good IT skills (spreadsheets, Microsoft Office suite, database management) and experience of fundraising support systems.
- Experience of administering grants and donations.
- Experience of organising donor cultivation and solicitation events.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, friendly and committed management team where you can make a real difference and your work will have an impact, so apply today!
Please ensure that, along with your CV, you submit a covering letter telling us how you feel you would be a good fit for the role.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Fundraiser, Corporate Fundraising Manager, Community Fundraising Manager, Donor Manager, Major Donor Fundraising, Individual Giving, Philanthropy, Community Fundraising Manager, Trust Fundraising, Partnerships Fundraising, Development Manager, Regional Fundraising Manager, Area Fundraising Manager etc