Advocacy Manager / Wildlife Conservation
Our client is a small charity, with big ideas!
Founded in 1962, our client is the only organisation in Derbyshire working to protect and enhance wildlife and wild places throughout the county.
About the role:
The Advocacy Manager is a brand new role developed to raise our client’s profile and ensure that wildlife's recovery is a priority to policy makers. They are facing the twin threats from a climate and ecological emergency and they are totally focused on the need to make a real difference for nature as quickly as possible. This post has a key role to play in helping our client achieve this.
In close collaboration with the senior leadership team, you will lead on the development and delivery of the Trusts advocacy strategy, ensuring synergy with regional and national advocacy priorities and contributing strongly to increased impact, profile and organisational influence.
This exciting role will work with key internal and external stakeholders, members of Parliament and Government Officials.
The successful candidate will be an experienced advocate with significant relevant knowledge and expertise in the following;
- Progressive experience designing and executing strategic advocacy initiatives.
- Experience of building and managing relationships with local government officials and policy makers.
- Demonstrable partnership building, relationship management, and coalition leadership experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to develop strong working relationships across cultural and organisational boundaries.
- The ability to translate vision and strategy into tactical operational plans and results.
- A passion for wildlife's recovery and the urgency needed to make a difference.
- Ability to recognise and take action on significant advocacy opportunities as they arise often in a fast moving environment
If you are a big picture thinker, with the ability to translate vision and strategy into tactical operational plans and results, we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: 14th May 2021
Interviews will be held on: 20th May 2021
Working for our client you will be part of an exciting and ambitious charity, with strong values at the heart of everything they do. They support the personal and professional development of all their employees and offer a generous benefit package including company sick pay scheme, pension scheme, enhanced maternity/paternity pay and complimentary employee assistance programme.
Working Flexibly – Our client is happy to discuss the working hours and pattern for this role. Although based at their head office there will be opportunities to work at other locations including home, some of the time. They offer flexi time with flexible start and finish times. They are happy to talk about flexible working!
Our client values diversity and inclusion. They are committed to recognising and valuing individual differences and identities. They actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.