South West (Health) Regional Manager - 12-Month Fixed Term Contract
South West, UK
About User Voice
At User Voice, we are all people with lived experience of the criminal justice system, and we are passionate and energetic about making change, happy to have become part of the unique User Voice dynamic.
We are resilient by nature and work alongside, rather than within, the criminal justice system. We are servant leaders, accountable to the people we serve. Since we began our journey in 2009, we have grown significantly, with 5 regional teams, 30 plus staff and 400 volunteers.
We are now seeking an engaging Regional Manager to join us on 12-month fixed term contract to support the design, delivery, and evaluation of our services.
We need you to join us to make a noise and make a difference – to you and to others. Forge your path, clear a path with others.
- Salary of up to £30,000 depending upon experience
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays
- Take on an exciting role where you can make a real difference
- Become part of a determined team who are passionate about what they do
Working at User Voice is an opportunity to challenge the status quo. We’re an organisation for people who want to speak up and amplify the voices of people in the criminal justice system. We’re an organisation of people who trust our own voice and believe in amplifying the voices of others. We’re an organisation focused on the people experiencing the sharp end of criminal justice.
This is a fascinating job with great people and a cracking philosophy. Demanding, yes, boring, no. Your lived experience, what you have, what you know, is what we need. Become part of a vibrant team living our values.
You’ll get an experience like no other with the chance to fast forward your career. We offer career enhancing opportunity, encouragement and support and the chance to develop new skills in the process.
As the Regional Manager for the South West (Health), you’ll oversee the successful development and delivery of our engagement function and strategy in the wider community.
Managing the regional Engagement Teams, you will be responsible for engaging with a brilliantly diverse range of people with lived experience of different kinds in order to improve services and promote active citizenship and confidence.
You will also:
- Ensure the User Voice model, unique and proven, is delivered consistently and effectively to the people who need it and to meet 3rd party contractual requirements
- Foster working relationships with your peers, support people in your teams and work alongside the founder Mark Johnson, to ensure that there is a consistent, sustainable, and measurable approach to all User Voice activities
- Be responsible for growing and managing relationships with local stakeholders in a range of forums so that User Voice can grow our business and reach more people and change more lives
To join us as a Regional Manager, you will need:
- Previous management experience, ideally managing teams across a wide geographical area
- Experience and understanding of developing services and support structures to meet requirements of business/charity commitments
- Up to date knowledge of the criminal justice sector
- A full and valid driving licence
Other organisations may call this role Area Manager, Regional Business Manager, Regional Charity Manager, Area Business Manager, or Area Charity Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 7th May 2020.
Please note, this post is subject to a criminal record disclosure check via the new Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) process.
Webrecruit and User Voice are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Regional Manager for User Voice, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.