Department: People Experience
Interview date: Week commencing 10th May 2021
Citizens Advice offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free. Through our national network of charities, we give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented throughout Citizens Advice. We are a member of the race equality campaign at Business in the Community, the Prince’s responsible business network and are committed to improving employment opportunities for ethnic minorities across the UK. We also welcome applications from, LGB and Trans and non binary candidates.
We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in role profiles.
We’re looking for an outstanding Head of Volunteering to lead on our organisational volunteering strategy and delivery.
You’ll lead our national volunteering work to set the strategic direction which is at the heart of the organisation’s ambition to deliver our vision for 2022 and beyond; engage and influence nationally and widely across our networks to maximise our volunteering contribution; providing strategic expert advice nationally and locally.
You’ll be working to help 30 million people every year, and your work here will make a huge difference to their lives. You’ll be setting the national vision, goals, strategy and priorities for volunteering; which supports how we define the way millions of people get help from us on a daily basis.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. Everyone is welcome at Citizens Advice. We offer flexible working, and are open to part-time and job sharing too. In fact, several of our leadership team members work four days a week.
- What we’re doing here at Citizens Advice excites you!
- You have significant experience in setting strategic volunteering vision and direction in a large and complex organisation which values inclusion and delivered
- You relentlessly pursue building the best possible client experience and use data to track how you’re doing
- You’re comfortable with leading, coaching and mentoring national volunteering teams and taking decisions at times in uncertainty
- You have strong experience of managing budgets
- You embrace the value that comes from working in the open and sharing with other organisations
- You enjoy working with stakeholders from other disciplines and learning from their expertise