Job title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Team and Office Manager
Salary: Range of £18,000 to £20,000 depending on experience.
Location: High Holborn, London
Term: up to 9 Months
Hours: Full time
This is a charity and membership society that has been dedicated to improving tropical medicine and global health since 1907.
Their ambition is to save lives and improve health around the world through increased access to greater equity in global healthcare. Through their activities they help further their members’ careers. They also bring together their collective knowledge and use their own expertise to achieve change within the sector.
They are looking for a motivated individual to join them as Administrative Assistant, effectively supporting the small but busy team by providing proactive and comprehensive administration support across their key areas of work.
The role will require someone who has proven experience of providing administrative support to a busy team (preferably within the charity/not-for-profit sector), be flexible, have excellent time management skills and be able to work on their own initiative. The successful candidate will be working across various departments, including membership, events, small grants and communications; therefore, they will need to be efficient, organised, with strong computer skills and a professional outlook.
- To provide day to day administration for the team, including but not limited to, financial administration, arranging meetings, booking travel and accommodation, desk research, diary management, and organising other meetings and events as required.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships across the charity
- To ensure that all assigned tasks are completed to a high standard
- To support all general telephone, email and written enquires are dealt with efficiently
- To support the management of office stock levels and team planning tools
- To be responsible for opening and distributing post on a daily basis
- To undertake electronic and paper filing and maintaining filing systems appropriately
- To provide administrative support to the CEO
- To assist with the management of the meeting rooms and team areas
- Support and attend events, including delegate registration enquiries via telephone and email, collating event packs and materials, and arranging transportation of event equipment
- To assist with the administration associated with their small grants progamme.
- Participate in team meetings, planning and initiatives
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as could be expected of an Administrative Assistant.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Ability to manage a diverse set of priorities and meet deadlines to a consistently high standard
- Capacity to set up and maintain administrative processes and office systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong understanding of delivering great customer service
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify key points from complex material or information
- Willingness to undertake other responsibilities and an eagerness to learn
- Highly computer literate and confident with Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Exceptional use of written and spoken English
- Experience providing administration support, preferably in an office environment.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people whilst presenting a professional image on behalf of the organisation
- Ability to be calm under pressure and help build a collaborative team culture
- Self-motivated, flexible and to work under own initiative
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Experience of initiating, planning and developing areas of work
- A demonstrated commitment and interest in the aims and objectives of the charity
- Filing experience
- Experience of working with databases
- Professional, polite and confident telephone manner
- Experience of working in events.
Closing date: 17:00 on 14 May 2021.
Please click the apply button to be taken to a CHM holding page, simply fill out these details to be then taken to the online submission platform. Here you will need to fill out the form and upload your CV.
No agencies please.