Grade 4 Researcher: Climate Finance
Central London or Edinburgh (Please note that whilst this role is advertised as office based, IIED will remain a remote-working organisation for the foreseeable future).
The closing deadline for applications is midnight of 2nd May 2021
Interviews will be held the week of 17th of May 2021
This is a Permanent contract.
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is a policy and action research organisation promoting sustainable development and linking local priorities to global challenges. We are based in London and work on five continents with some of the world’s most vulnerable people to strengthen their voice in the decision-making arenas that affect them. With more than 100 members of staff working with associates and partners around the world, IIED has been at the forefront of policymaking in sustainable development for over 40 years.
We are now looking for a Grade 4 Researcher to join our Climate Governance and Finance Team.
- Grade 4: £39,114 - £43,067 (up to £48,595 per annum available) depending on experience
- Benefits package
This role presents the successful candidate with a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference and impact on the world in which we live by identifying and developing innovative research themes that will be disseminated out to wider audiences, thus encouraging focus and change regarding global challenges.
Put simply - as a Grade 4 Researcher for IIED, you can actively contribute to proposing questions and encouraging solutions regarding climate change that will help shape our today, and equally as important, our tomorrow.
As a Grade 4 Researcher, you will strengthen the capacity of the Climate Governance and Finance Team by contributing to the design and delivery of an ambitious programme of action research on climate finance at different levels of governance at a subnational, national, and international level.
You will support senior researchers to design, manage and implement research projects and communicate research results to influence change in policy and practice, in line
with work programme objectives for Money Where It Matters, Governance of
Risk and LIFE-AR.
To be considered as a Grade 4 Researcher, you will need:
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline, e.g., Climate Change, Public Policy, Finance, Economics, International Development
- Knowledge of climate finance institutions, actors, policies, and legal frameworks and
knowledge of current debates and research agendas in the field of climate finance
- Understanding of the IIED’s approach to working in partnership with local organizations in developing countries
- Demonstrable experience in conducting policy related research – literature review, case study research, climate/development finance data analysis, meta-analysis, report preparation and non-technical communications
- Experience of working with governments and research partnerships in developing countries
- Willingness and ability to travel for up to 3 months in the year, usually in one-to-three-week visits, as appropriate to project commitments
As an experienced researcher, it almost goes without saying that we expect your communication and organisational skills to be of a high quality and level to ensure you will hit the ground running from the get-go.
Webrecruit and IIED are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To see a full job and specification, click the apply button and you will be able to download a file that will tell you more about IIED, the role and what we are looking for in a Grade 4 Researcher.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Grade 4 Researcher, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.