Research and Innovation Manager
We are looking for an experienced Research and Innovation Manager to join a national disability charity at an exciting time of growth.
Position: Research and Innovation Manager
Location: Harlow, Essex – opportunity for partial home-working
Hours: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £40 - £45k per annum, depending on experience
About the Role:
As Research and Innovation Manager you will work with staff and external partners to develop specific opportunities within the innovation pipeline, Draft materials including feasibility studies, partnership proposals and business cases.
You will be responsible for scoping projects that build on an existing evidence base, while contributing to upcoming research priorities where necessary. You will contribute to the direction and delivery of Performance & Engagement research priorities and projects where their purpose is to inform innovation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a new and growing team and use your knowledge of creative innovation methodologies to really make a difference to the lives of disabled people.
We are looking for an individual who has significant experience of qualitative and quantitative research and insight programmes. You will also bring with you the following skills and experience:
- Project management experience with the ability to take a project from inception through to delivery, working across teams and with external organisations.
- Highly IT literate with extensive experience of using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to coordinate across multiple teams, agencies and stakeholders and simultaneously deliver complex projects, within agreed timelines
- Exceptional written and oral influencing skills, including the judicious use of data and evidence and the compelling presentation of the case for change
- Ability to engage effectively with stakeholders in Government, industry, and other charities and foundations.
Although not essential, professional or personal experience of disability and an understanding of the key issues affecting disabled people would be advantageous for this role. Experience of Product design, or innovation supported by creative funding mechanisms in a social impact context would also be highly desirable.
You can be part of evolving programme of change taking place within a leading charity. With amazing benefits and an Investors in People Gold Award, this really is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an organisation that really cares about their employees!
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Programmes and Impact specialist, Innovation Manager, Research Lead, Research Specialist, Performance and Engagement, Research and Innovation Development, Innovations Programmes Manager, Research and Strategy, Head of Innovation, qualitative and quantitative research etc.