The National Energy Foundation
The National Energy Foundation (NEF) is an independent charity based in Milton Keynes, which has been at the forefront of improving the use of energy in buildings since 1988. We aim to give people, organisations and government the knowledge, support and inspiration they need to understand, manage and reduce the use of energy in buildings.
NEF runs a number of projects that have membership at their core. Memberships are open to both organisations and individuals. The organisations include Housing Associations, private landlords, installers and suppliers/manufacturers of energy efficient retrofit and renewable energy systems (for domestic properties) and other stakeholders with an interest in low & zero carbon retrofit. Individuals are usually homeowners who want to improve the energy performance of their home with assistance of NEF’s SuperHomes project.
With the relaunch of two long established member projects & a supplier network, NEF has identified the need for a Member Manager as a dedicated resource to:
- Identify potential members and contact them with a view to them joining one or more membership network; to include phone conversations, meetings and presentations at events.
- Organise (and deliver with support from other members of the NEF Team) a varied programme of events & member benefits on topics related to domestic retrofit such as webinars, working groups, conferences and social events.
- Manage ongoing communications with members, in order maintain high member satisfaction levels and to secure membership renewals
- Collect information about individual members who achieve SuperHome status and work with the Marketing Manager to prepare a case study/video fly-through or other promotional materials as required.
- Create & edit unique content for external communications on several platforms ranging from website articles, press releases, editorial and newsletters
- Update project websites with changes in member details and new content
- Work with the Business Development Manager on the development of a member database and to work with the Project Administrator to ensure that all members details are added to the database and kept up to date.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to identify marketing opportunities for the promotion of NEF’s member networks, to include trade shows, trade publications, speaker opportunities and assist with delivery.
The Member Manager is a new role within NEF. The appointment is a key step in the development of NEF’s existing member services and the organic growth of NEF, independent of external project funding. The Member Manager will need to work closely with the Marketing Manager to agree marketing strategies to increase the uptake of membership and with the Director of Development and Refurbishment Lead on potential members to target and topics for events and external communications.
Some admin support will be available, but as a part of a small team the Member Manager should expect to be delivering as well as managing memberships on behalf of NEF. It is therefore very important that the Member Manager is flexible enough to be able to work in this way.
The Member Manager will need to be highly organised, proactive and comfortable communicating with people internally and externally.
- To increase the number of members across all NEF’s member networks
- To work with the Finance Manager to keep accurate records of when renewals are due and to keep track of income from membership
- To manage ongoing communications with members, in order maintain high member satisfaction levels and to secure membership renewals
- To ensure that all membership records are accurate and up to date
- To amend and upload new content to the project websites.
- Create & edit unique content for external communications on several platforms ranging from website articles, press releases, editorial and newsletter.
- To work with the Marketing Manager on the marketing of NEF’s member networks
- Other activities as agreed with the Line Manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to represent NEF at external events and write copy for newsletters, articles, project websites etc.
- Previous experience of member/customer management or experience in a sales role.
- Understanding of social media platforms as well as the ability to generate ideas and create content.
- A good level of knowledge about the retrofit of domestic buildings to improve their energy performance through installation of energy efficiency measures and/or renewable energy generating systems.
- High levels of emotional intelligence.
- A willingness to be flexible …
- Highly organised, with a methodical approach to projects and a keen eye for detail.
- Ability and willingness to travel. Regular travel to events is a feature of the job.
- Ability to work outside of office hours, by arrangement.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word, Office 365 and databases.
- Possession of a full UK driving licence and use of a car with business insurance cover.
Application process: Please apply with your CV and Cover Letter outlining why you feel you would excel in this role by Friday 30th April.