Summary: We are seeking an experienced professional to manage the day-to-day operations (HR, ICT, Office) of our growing organisation to the highest standard. This busy and varied role will be responsible for HR, IT and Office Management functions, as well as contributing to Compliance and Reporting duties. You will have extensive experience of reviewing, developing and implementing systems, with excellent attention to detail.
Diversity Monitoring Form (optional)
This new role has been created to support the development of Central Support Services (CSS) and ensure its smooth day-to-day running. As GI has grown - in staff size, income and reach - we need to ensure that our systems and processes remain fit for purpose and are implemented consistently. This helps everyone: it enables our staff and volunteers to continue to deliver high quality services in a safe and compliant manner; and increases transparency so that our service users are confident in GI and their engagement is supported in the most appropriate manner.
The role will work very closely with another newly created role – Head of Finance – to support the Director of Public Engagement and Central Support Services (PECSS), which will become a more strategic, developmental role. Certain aspects of the division of the roles are expected to continue to evolve in the first few months, and ongoing liaison and a strong working relationship with the Director and Head of Finance will be necessary.
The size of GI, and the nature of the role, means that the postholder will be required to have a good working knowledge across the whole of the organisation. There will be a varied mix of activities, and the postholder will be expected to be hands-on when required, as well as able to manage and delegate effectively to others.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of CSS and delivery of the services to plan and to budget. You will sit on the Management Group alongside other department heads, service managers, line managers and senior practitioners from across the organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Overall aim: The postholder is responsible for reviewing, improving, implementing and embedding appropriate systems and processes across the organisation to ensure that staff, volunteers and service users are supported.
The range of responsibilities and duties of this role will include those listed below. Priorities may change in line with the development of the role, and other duties may be allocated from time to time. Training and support will be provided to ensure that all responsibilities can be met.
The range of responsibilities and duties of this role will include those listed below.
- Manage the HR function for the organisation. This involves:
- ensuring all systems are effective and implemented consistently (e.g. recruitment, induction, probation, performance reviews, grievances and disciplinary, salary re-grading and exit processes);
- documentation is kept up-to-date and stored securely (e.g. contracts, Right to Work documents, declaration of interest forms);
- managing absences; and
- being the first point of contact for internal HR queries from staff and line managers.
- Manage access needs for staff, ensuring compliance with legal requirements and good practice.
- Ensure staff training and development needs are being met.
Office Management & ICT
- Ensure the central office is functioning well so that staff can work efficiently and effectively (e.g. ensure suppliers and procedures are in place for servicing landline phones, broadband, computers, photocopiers, cleaning, reception, kitchen and building maintenance; in accordance with our office needs now and in the future).
- Line manage the administrators and ensure systems and support are in place to deal promptly with phone and email enquiries; order of stationery and other supplies; and any other office needs.
- Contribute to GI’s ICT strategy.
- Ensure ICT hardware, software and procedures are kept up-to-date and support effective working practices, including: GI files being stored centrally and safely with shared access; maintaining an asset register; managing subscriptions such as Mailchimp, Office 365 and Xero (accountancy software); monitoring mobile phone usage and contracts; ensuring adherence to Bring Your Own Device policy; etc.
- Contribute to the development of a new website
- Improve and embed internal file sharing protocols e.g. use of One Drive and Sharepoint
- Manage the implementation of a new Client Relationship Management system (CRM).
- Ensure support for staff who are working remotely.
Compliance and Reporting
- Review GI policies to ensure we remain legally compliant and the policy framework is fit for purpose; and manage rolling review and approval process for quarterly Board meetings. This includes Health and Safety, GDPR and Risk management as well as internal employment related policies.
- Manage the production of our Annual Trustee Report to ensure compliance with Charity Commission and Companies House requirements; and create the associated Annual Review. This involves liaising with colleagues for financial data; then collating data and text from key members of the team as well as contributing copy; plus liaising with designers and printers as required.
- Work closely with the Head of Finance to ensure the payroll process runs smoothly, providing information as required on salary, sick leave, etc. Provide cover as required.
- Set and manage the annual Central Support Services budget, ensuring expenditure is monitored and in line with agreed organisational objective