Senior Campaigns Manager (UK)
Help transform billions of lives. Including yours.
Our client campaigns on a wide range of themes ranging from welfare issues for farmed animals to the wider environmental impact of the current food system. Recent campaigns rallied over 1.4 million supporters for a European Citizens’ Initiative to end caged farming halted Scottish live calf exports and led to a review of the law in England and Wales pressed the case for recognition of animal sentience in UK law.
You will be a passionate, experienced and creative senior campaigner, able to construct imaginative and effective campaigns, inspire colleagues and mobilise their broad range of supporters.
You will work with other departments to ensure UK campaign activities benefit animals globally. You will also manage relationships with external NGO partners.
This exciting post requires proven campaigning and project management skills and may include international travel. It offers an opportunity to be part of a dynamic campaigning organisation with an increasing impact in reducing animal suffering and working for a sustainable global future for farming.
Senior Campaigns Manager Responsibilities:
• Construct effective and creative campaigns that persuade decision-makers and inspire their supporters.
• Supervise and support a Digital Campaigner to maximise the impact of online campaigning.
• Act as a key member of the UK Management Team, working closely with Media, Policy and Fundraising colleagues to plan impactful, integrated campaigning.
• Act as media spokesperson for our client, as required for campaign work.
• Manage campaign budget.
• Commission and manage external suppliers as needed.
• Develop strong working relationships across the organisation
• Liaise with their Supporter Engagement Team to build on their powerful supporter relationships.
• Build and maintain good working relationships with other stakeholders.
Senior Campaigns Manager Requirements:
• Their ideal candidate will have sound knowledge gained in a similar position with a proven track record of leading and implementing successful campaigns along with a good knowledge of UK political institutions.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, organisational skills and excellent attention to detail are also key requirements for this position.
• It is also desirable that you have a knowledge of farm animal welfare issues.
About our client:
They were founded in 1967 by Peter Roberts, a dairy farmer, who identified the threat of industrial agriculture to animal welfare and spearheaded campaigns to end it.
Today, they lead a global movement of compassionate people fighting to mend our broken food system and introduce a regenerative approach to agriculture – one that helps combat the climate crisis, prevent biodiversity loss, protect human health, and give all farm animals a life worth living.
With headquarters in the UK and offices in Belgium, China, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, and the USA, they are a highly influential organisation whose 400,000 supporters help achieve meaningful legislative and corporate changes to policies and practices affecting farm animals.
Location: Godalming, Surrey – UK (remote/flexible working considered) -currently remote working during Covid-19
Job Type: Permanent/Full-time
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000 (Depending on experience)
Closing: Sunday, 9th May 2021. They would like applications as soon as possible as these will be reviewed regularly and interviews may take place on a rolling programme.
Please complete the online application form and upload your CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification detailed in the Job Description.
No agencies please.
You may have experience of the following: Campaign Manager, Campaign Management, Project Management, Programme Management, Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Digital Campaign Manager, Fundraising Campaign Manager, Political Campaign, Politics, Animal Welfare, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Third Sector, etc.