Retail eCommerce Manager
Are you able to drive online sales and implement a successful online retail selling strategy? We are seeking a creative and forward-thinking Retail eCommerce Manager to drive the growth of our online sales via our online shop, eBay and other suitable platforms. This is a great opportunity to lead an enthusiastic eCommerce team and make a real contribution to maximising income for the Hospice.
At Prospect Hospice, we provide vital end of life care to patients living with a life limiting illness. We also support their families and loved ones through their difficult journeys. The care we provide makes an immeasurable difference and it’s all totally free of charge to patients. But, as a local charity, we need to raise vital income to enable us to care for more people in our community. And that’s where this role comes in.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
What is the role?
This is a new and exciting role to join our retail management team. You will be responsible for the strategic planning and growth of our online sales, ensuring that the right products are advertised on the relevant online platforms in an engaging way, optimising performance and revenue opportunities, whilst maintaining quality control in all areas.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering an eCommerce strategy to grow our increasing online retail presence, as well as regularly monitor and review eBay and online shop sales, determining areas for improvement and expansion. You will ensure that the variety and volume of stock listed on online platforms remains suitable for our customer base and keeps engagement and interest levels high. As the Retail eCommerce Manager, you will seek additional ways to source appropriate stock for listing, have an in-depth knowledge of eCommerce platforms and be able to support the team with operational tasks, as required.
Working closely with our communications and marketing team you will develop engaging, high-quality multi-channel social media content that meets customer needs and drives engagement. Additionally, you will maximise our online selling potential through search engine optimisation and work closely with our finance team on payment and reporting processes.
In return, you’ll be rewarded with an interesting, innovative role that is part of a wider caring, positive and friendly retail team. You can expect to work in a supportive culture that encourages a healthy work-life balance.
For an informal chat or further information please contact Victoria Canavan, Head of Retail.
- Prior knowledge and experience of managing (or working at senior level) in multi-channel eCommerce operations, ideally with charity and/or hospice retail experience
- Proven track record of managing and developing teams, able to mentor and coach team members and volunteers alike
- Successful online sales track record and positive customer feedback
- Experience in employing actionable insight tools such as Google Analytics and Google Optimise to develop optimal customer experiences that drive conversion and sales.
- Strong knowledge of search engine optimisation and conversion rate optimisation.
- Good knowledge of all areas of regulatory compliance related to online trading
- Excellent time management and organisation/planning skills in order to prioritise a varied workload in a busy environment
- Good interpersonal skills, including customer service and relationship management. Able to communicate confidently (and confidentially) with all levels of hospice staff and external contacts to build effective networks
It would also be great if you are:
- Confident in using Photoshop or similar photo editing software and able to train team to use
A little bit about us
Prospect Hospice is an independent hospice supporting a community of over 300,000 people in Swindon, Marlborough and north east Wiltshire as well as the villages of Lechlade and Fairford in Gloucestershire. We are a dedicated provider of specialist end of life care services in the area. The hospice’s wide variety of professionals support people in the community and at the hospice in Wroughton. Care is also extended to the families and friends of patients that we care for.
What we offer
We’ll provide you with a welcoming and supportive working environment, benefits include:
- Salary of £28,651 - £31,645
- 27 days’ annual leave entitlement (plus public holidays)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Family-friendly policies and practice
- Supportive induction, and training and development
- Free parking
Interviews will be held on Friday, 14th May 2021
Equality & Diversity
Prospect Hospice is committed to encouraging a diverse and inclusive working environment. We recognise that promoting diversity and eliminating discrimination in our workplace will bring benefits for our people, our business and the communities we serve.
We are committed to ensuring that all employees and job applicants are provided with equality of opportunity in employment and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, offending background, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Prospect Hospice is committed to promoting the wellbeing of all adults and children who use our services, ensuring that they live a life that is free from harm, abuse and neglect. We work in an open and transparent way and encourage staff, volunteers, patients and families to raise any safeguarding concerns.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we received, it is not possible to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, following the closing date of this vacancy, your application will have been unsuccessful.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Retail eCommerce Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role eCommerce Manager, Online Retail Manager, Digital Retail Manager, Online Marketplace Manager, or Digital Marketplace Manager.