Head of Child & Family Service
London and South East
We are Family Action, a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
We seek to empower people and communities to address their issues and challenges through practical, financial and emotional help. Our work is wide-ranging and includes help for parents-to-be, the provision of many Children’s Centres in local communities, intensive family support, emotional health and wellbeing services, counselling, mediation and therapies, support in schools and financial grants programmes. Family Action is also recognised as a leading provider of training and consultancy.
We are looking for an innovative and dynamic manager to lead our Child and Family Service in our 'Outstanding' Adoption Support Agency, PAC-UK, as part of Family Action Services.
- £43,317 - £47,180 per annum inclusive of Inner London Weighting
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- 30 days’ holiday per annum
This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre adoption support service professional with strong post-qualification experience and service management skills to take on a senior position within our leading adoption support charity.
PAC-UK (as part of Family Action) plays a leading role in the development and provision of adoption support services. We work with local authorities and partner agencies to deliver outstanding services to those affected by adoption including adoptive parents, adopted children and their wide family and friends networks.
You’ll discover that we have and promote a strong set of values; people focus, mutual respect, excellence in all we do and can-do attitudes. We are forward-thinking, ambitious and committed to continuous improvement. If you share these values and behaviours and have the necessary skills, then we look forward to hearing from you.
As the Head of Child & Family Service, you will be tasked with taking day-to-day responsibility for the planning, implementation, development and quality of the Child and Family services that PAC-UK offers.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Leading the delivery, co-ordination and monitoring of therapeutic and supportive services for adoptive families
- Proactively and creatively leading the management and development of services taking into account new approaches and legislative changes
- Driving the improvement of outcomes for adoptive families and their relatives
- Working with the Practice Manager to deliver all aspects of the service
- Establishing a learning culture within the organisation
- Ensuring effective and regular staff development opportunities and robust supervision
- Acting as a member of the Senior Management Team reporting to the Assistant Director PAC-UK and Head of National Services
- Managing the Child and Family Service London budget
- Monitoring, approving and controlling service income and expenditure
- Monitoring reports and taking into account the views of service users to gain an overview of the services
- Aiding in the promotion of the Child and Family Service
To be considered as the Head of Child & Family Service, you will need:
- Five years’ post qualification experience in post-adoption and permanency work
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of strategic planning and implementation of new methods of working to improve performance and efficiency
- A professional qualification in a relevant field, such as child and family social work, child, adult, family and/or creative arts therapies and/or psychology
Other organisations may call this role Senior Service Manager, Adoption Services Manager, Head of Adoption Services, Head of Permanency Services, Head of Child Services, or Senior Child Services Manager.
The closing date for this role is 5pm on the 21st May 2021.
We are operating rolling recruitment for this vacancy and reviewing applications as they are received. We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Webrecruit and Family Action are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to play a leading role in supporting adoption, as the Head of Child & Family Service, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.