We are seeking a creative, organised and committed Communications Officer to join a small team to co-ordinate communications to a wide range of audiences.
Position: Communications Officer
Location: Leeds, LS9 (home-based during lockdown restrictions)
Hours: 21 hours per week
Salary: £24,012 -£25,991 pro rata
Duration: Permanent, an initial 3-year contract with possible extension subject to further funding
Benefits: 28 days plus 14 days Bank Holidays pro rata, Special Leave and Flexible Working Policies, Employee Assistance Scheme with Health Assured, Up to 5% match pension contributions, Free Parking, Bike Parking and 15-minute walk from city centre
Closing Date: 11th May at 5pm
Interview Date: 19th May
Everyone at the organisation has a role to play in communications and the charity have significantly invested in its communications functions over the last year, including a re-brand, new communications strategy and establishing an internal communications working group. As Communications Officer, you will support the organisation to take forward its brand identity and communication aims, by co-ordinating outputs and assessing impact. You will work closely with members, volunteers and staff to create and share impactful communications to a wide range of audiences including Gypsies and Travellers, journalists and members of the public.
As an organisation committed to asset based community development you will be sharing stories of communities, the charity’s skills and strengths as well as the challenges it faces.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with a communications working group to deliver organisational communications strategy
- Regularly update Squarespace website (a modular base content management system)
- Manage and develop a mailing list and newsletter using Mailchimp
- Research, develop and create compelling content across all our communications channels including our website, blogs, video, social media and newsletters
- Apply design skills to produce creative assets that support communication aims and reflects brand
- Support projects to communicate effectively with stakeholders – including campaigns, events and disseminating reports
- Support and attend meetings, conferences and events as required
- Supervise and support a communications apprentice role/volunteers
- Foster relationships with journalists to ensure maximum impact and triage press enquiries
Please note due to current circumstances you will be required to work from home, with desk space at the office available on a booking basis. The charity does anticipate returning to its offices and needs suitable candidates to be able to travel to Leeds as part of their regular week.
As Communications Officer, you will need to be a confident communicator, enthusiastic about the organisation’s vision, well organised and keen to support members of Gypsy and Traveller communities to get their voice heard in the public realm.
You will have experience of:
- Working in communications role
- Using analytics and evaluation tools to analyse behaviour and engagement through communication channels
- Search engine optimisation
- Developing and maintaining a mailing list and newsletter
- Editing a website
- Using Microsoft office applications and office 365
- Using social media, buffer or other content delivery systems
- Design packages to make branded content (social media, flyers, reports)
Work for the 2018 Winner of the GSK Impact Award that has an internal aim of excellence and sustainability to ensure all staff are cared for and valued. The charity is proud to be a Mindful Employer, Living Wage Employer and reflective organisation with an ongoing commitment to learning and development. With annual pay reviews, development, regular full staff training away days, team building day and a great benefits package, this truly is a great place to work and grow.
About the Organisation
The charity is a thriving community led organisation, delivering vital support and community development work with Gypsy and Traveller communities in Leeds and West Yorkshire.
Other roles you may have experience of could include Marketing, Communications, Marketing and Communications, Marketing Officer, Marketing Executive, Communications Officer, Communications Executive, Content, Digital Content, Digital, Digital Marketing, Digital Communications, Digital Communications Co-ordinator, Digital Communications Officer, Social Media, Social Media Content, Social Media Marketing, Marketing Support, Marketing Assistant, Marketing and Communications Assistant, PR, Public Relations, Public Affairs.