Project Finance and Risk Officer
Sightsavers is recruiting for a Project Finance and Risk Officer who will support the day to day administration of the Inclusion Works programme ensuring that the financial requirements of the project are fully met. This role involves close collaboration with the Institutional Funding teams, the Planning, Performance and Reporting (PPR) team consortium partners and implementing partners. The Finance and Risk Officer will work closely with Country Office staff and other support teams to ensure that this and other projects funded by donors run smoothly. The post holder would be expected to travel up to 5 weeks per year.
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term
Location: Haywards Heath, remote working until further notice
About the role:
Key duties will include:
- Supporting the development, review and amendment of coordinating and implementing consortium partner contracts
- Coordinating the process for timely and accurate donor financial submissions
- Ongoing financial monitoring of consortium partner projects budgets
- Supporting the preparation of financial reports and forecasts for the donor
- Supporting day to day finance and administration tasks
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills and it’s an involved role so please read the complete Job Description for further details.
The ideal candidate will have:
- finance and accountancy experience
- awareness of overseas development (preferably gained through work in the INGO sector)
- an understanding of institutional donor contract management, in particular FCDO (DFID) funding
- excellent numerical and Excel skills
- strong attention to detail
- an improvement mindset and a willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
This role may be for you if:
- you are proactive by nature and have initiative.
- you are comfortable taking decisions and have a good sense of when to escalate issues.
- you enjoy solving problems and have a keen eye for improvement.
- you are comfortable working in an international context and travelling to the countries we work in.
Please note that there will be an expectation that you can occasionally visit our offices in Haywards Heath, West Sussex (RH16 3BW)
In addition to being an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London, we offer some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. We anticipate that remote interviews, including a short Excel-based task will take place in mid-May 2021.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.