Age UK are recruiting for a Heath Services Advisor (Health and End of Life Care) to provide technical guidance, advice, training and briefings to staff and volunteers across the Age UK network. The post holder will identify issues and suggest solutions; develop, write and update Information & Advice resources and represent Age UK in a health and end of life context.
You will research, develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of legislation, regulatory frameworks and case law in the UK, relating to health services in England and advise the Age UK network on related areas such as end-of-life care, transgender people in old age, and funerals.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate technical knowledge in this specialist area and be aware of national and local practice and how it interacts with a range of issues affecting older people, and in particular with social care.
Please note this is a part time role - working 4 days per week (28 hours) Salary advertised is pro-rata - (Actual £24,000 - £27,600)
All applications must be supported by a full cover letter, highlighting your relevant experience, transferrable skills and why you wish to work for Age UK.
You will have:
- A working knowledge of current and future NHS structures, general primary and secondary care services, NHS services for older people and of underpinning NHS legislation and guidance.
- Good writing ability and the ability to translate complex written information into clear and concise content for a range of audiences.
- Substantial relevant experience working in an information and advice role providing services to high quality standards.
- An understanding of how to provide holistic, accurate, and prompt advice on individual queries.
- The ability to train and communicate with other advisers about health and end of life care.
- Excellent presenting skills including the ability to represent Age UK at a wide range of stakeholder events and on broadcast media.
- Excellent IT and project management skills.
- Proven ability to analyse data and identify trends and make recommendations based on findings.
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave (pro-rata) + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
- Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
- Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
- Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
- Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
- You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.