Full or part time hours, up to 37 per week (job share considered)
1 year fixed term contract
Citizens Advice Surrey Heath and Citizens Advice Woking are independent charities that provide the advice and information people need for the problems they face through telephone, digital and face-to-face channels.
Demand for our services is increasing, as is our team of staff and volunteers, so we are looking to recruit knowledgeable generalist advisers or caseworkers, preferably with experience gained in a local Citizens Advice or similar organisation, who are looking to step up to a supervisory role. However, if you can demonstrate experience of supervising a team and excellent people skills we will consider training you in advice provision.
Working flexibly from home and either at Camberley or Woking offices, the job includes:
- Managing the practicalities of the advice session and ensuring adequate staffing and resources by maintaining the staff rota and client appointment system.
- Providing support and supervision to volunteer advisers carrying out initial client assessments and generalist advice across the main enquiry areas and all enquiry channels (e.g. face to face, phone and digital).
- Ensuring the quality of advice delivered by volunteers and staff meets the required standard at all times.
- Providing feedback to advisers and identifying training needs where appropriate.
- Some direct advice provision to clients.
- Encouraging advisers to engage and support with our research and campaign work and other projects in order to meet our objectives.
- Carrying out any other duties and admin tasks compatible with the role.
You will need excellent people skills, a flexible approach, an interest in problem solving and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to manage a busy workload.
The Citizens Advice service values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, as they are currently under represented in our workforce.
For full details and an application form please email email@example.com for Camberley vacancies or firstname.lastname@example.org for Woking.
Closing date for applications: 30 April 2021