Our client, a nature conservation charity are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Merchandiser to join their Commercial Team at their HQ to assist the Merchandising Manager on a 12-month contract. This is a great opportunity to work for the largest wildlife conservation organisation in Europe, where you can be a part of their work to care for the environment and save nature.
Assistant Merchandiser (Fixed Term)
Location: Sandy, Bedfordshire
Salary: £22,986.00 - £25,500.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
Duration: 12 months
What’s the role about?
You'll be working with their buyers to help them develop their ranges across product areas as diverse as bird food, fashion, books and toys. Using sales data you'll use your analytical and communication skills to propose changes to their current product ranges, as well as forecasting and ranging products for their retail shops and e-commerce channel.
You'll also be helping to run their promotional programme, working with their fulfilment team to ensure that the stock arrives on time and is distributed correctly, before monitoring sales to judge the success of the promotions. As well as this, you'll be producing the promotional signage for stores, ensuring that their offers are clearly communicated to their customers.
The role is a great opportunity to develop a wide array of retail HQ skills, working with the stakeholders in their Commercial team.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English or equivalent subjects which demonstrate literacy and numeracy skills.
- Understanding of the principles of retail through sales, stock and promotions
- Understanding sales data or equivalent to make decisions
- Communications – listening, writing and verbal. Able to communicate clearly to develop shared understanding with the rest of the team.
- Influence - being able to persuade others and negotiate to reach agreement.
- Judgement and decision-making - able to define and clarify a situation through gathering facts and evidence, evaluating options and making justifiable decisions.
- Numeracy and analysis - able to understand and interpret numerical/analytical scenarios
- Computer skills – proficient with Excel
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in a retail or commercial environment
Closing date: 23:59, 02 May 2021
They are planning to hold interviews for this position on 13th and 14th May 2021.
Please click 'Apply’ - you will be prompted to complete a short CHM Recruit form before being redirected to complete your application.
When you make your application please ensure that you include reference number MAR20216152 on any correspondence.
No agencies please.