Responsible To: Chief Officer
Accountable To: Chief Officer
Responsible for: Community Fundraising Team of Volunteers
Salary: £32k per annum Pro Rata for 21 hours per week
Contract: 5 years Special Conditions
Unsociable hours may need to be worked which could include weekend or evening depending on the changing needs of the organisation.
Nature of the Post
To work for a charity which delivers a range of wellbeing services which offer support predominantly for Black African, Caribbean & Black dual heritage adults who are experiencing and/or recovering from mental health problems, their carers, family members and the wider community. To work as part of the management team to coordinate the organisations fundraising to meet the increasing need for services and to respond to this growth and increase our income. To do this you will be required to secure new business development opportunities you will be responsible for a team of community fundraising volunteers who you will support to deliver a number of community fundraising events aligned to a community fundraising action plan (subject to covid-19 restrictions).
You will be responsible for completing your own administrative duties, collection and analysis of monitoring data and evidenced based outcomes and wellbeing data to support funding applications.
All SACMHF staff, in particular Management team
Adult Services Commissioners
Sandwell & West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group Commissioners
Birmingham City Council Commissioners
Commissioners from other neighbouring Boroughs
Strategic business partners
This is not an exhaustive list.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and submit innovative and persuasive funding applications with costed project budgets in accordance with application criteria.
- Develop and stewardship plans to retain the long term support of existing funders to ensure the potential for repeat or long term support is maximised.
- Relationship management for key contracts and grants providing monitoring reports as required.
- Identify new potential funders and match to SACMHF’s work.
- Chair Bi monthly Co-Production meetings to inform service development and review of services.
- Complete full cycle of funding applications including face to face assessment interviews.
- Work effectively with the Office & Finance Manager to support the development of project budgets aligned to current costs.
- Work with the Management team and the Chief Officer to create compelling bids suitable for submission to Trusts, Grant and Statutory funders.
- Where relevant recruit Interns to support SACMHF Fundraising objectives.
- Work alongside the Chief Officer to develop SACMHF Fundraising strategy.
- Adhere to the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Practice, Charity Law and other relevant legislative requirements.
- Ensure that all donations; cash, online and cheques are processed in line with agreed protocols.
- To provide line management support to a team of unpaid staff. This will include the provision of induction for new staff, supervision and appraisal meetings.
- Participation in management review meetings and sub group meetings of the Board of Trustees as required.
- To participate support the Volunteer Fundraising team to coordinate and deliver fund-raising events aligned to cultural events and mental health initiatives e.g. World Mental Health Day, Black History, Windrush Day, Carers week, Mental health awareness week etc.
- Be an advocate for fundraising across SACMHF and build successful relationships at all levels to promote the importance of individual event and community fundraising and engage the support of colleagues in your work.
- Any other duties that fall within the parameters of the post.
- To report any health and safety concerns/hazards the Chief Officer. Completion of the accident report book for accidents and near misses. Ensure the safety and welfare of service users and staff by complying with Health and Safety regulations and adopting safe working practices
- To take part in handover meetings, team & management review meetings, strategic development days, internal and external quality audits and other meetings as required.
- To participate in regular training and career development opportunities relevant to the post to hone existing skills and broaden knowledge and awareness.
- To adhere to the SACMHF’s BS EN ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System and aligned Policies and Procedures.
- To participate fully in regular supervision and support sessions and annual appraisal meetings.
- To contribute to the maintenance of good housekeeping within the centre being mindful of limiting any damage to the Foundation’s property, fixtures and fittings.
Confidentiality It is a condition of employment that staff will not disclose any information obtained in the course of their duties, other than to those entitled to receive it.
SACMHF currently adheres to an Equality and Diversity Policy. Staff are required to ensure that all policies and practices are in accordance with legislation and best practice.
Health & Safety at Work
Staff must ensure that they are familiar with and follow the requirements of legislation, policies and codes of practice applicable to the workplace.
This job description is not definitive and is a broad guide to your work. Changes in user demands may require changes to be made. This job description is subject to review during the annual appraisal during discussion with the post-holder. This job description does not form part of your contract of employment.
Hours of Work
Working times for full-time staff is 9.30 a.m. 5.00 p.m. Monday-Friday. You will be informed of the specific days you will work by, your line-manager on appointment, (particularly if you are part time). There is a daily 30 minute lunch break. If your lunch break is taken externally from the centre, it must be at a time convenient to the centre and the post-holder. The post-holder will be expected to work flexibly around the above stated times according to the demands of the Charities business.
Annual Leave Entitlement
You are entitled to 26 days annual leave per year. Part time staff will be worked out on a pro rata basis. You will be entitled to 8 approx. public bank holidays or pro rata.
Please could you also add in the job description the following:
Minimum of 3 years successful track record of raising funds for charity sector organisations.