Trust Fundraiser (entry level)
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate to become a fundraiser.
We are a small, national charity based in Old Street. We give grants to homeless people to provide the particular support they need to rebuild their lives.
The purpose of this role is to research and write up funding applications to trusts and foundations. And to manage our relationships with the homeless schemes and initiatives we support. We are looking for an enthusiastic graduate with the skills to take on the role and become a valued member of our team. No previous fundraising experience is necessary.
- Writing trust funding applications and reports
- Researching appropriate trusts and foundations
- Registering and maintaining relationships with the homeless schemes and initiatives that we support
- Collecting and collating information, case studies and photos about the work we fund
- Entering prospect and donor information on to our database (eTapestry)
- Keeping up to date with developments in the homelessness sector
- Assisting with social media, writing and events when needed
- Reliable, trustworthy and organised
- Able to write concise and compelling copy for a range of media
- Able to undertake research and record results coherently
- Able to understand and organise information
- Able to build and maintain relationships with funders and beneficiaries
- Excellent IT skills, particularly databases, social media, and Microsoft Office
- Willingness to work flexibly and effectively as a member of a small staff team
- Sympathetic to the aims of the Church Homeless Trust and its Christian ethos
- Knowledge of the homelessness sector
Location: The role is based close to Old Street (Old Street and Angel underground stations). We are a small and friendly team of seven, based in offices shared with many other charities. As the lockdown eases, we are in the process of establishing new working patterns. The expectation is that the post-holder would be office-based with the opportunity for occasional home-working.
Hours: 35 hours a week, between the core hours of 8am and 7pm.
Salary: £22,000 per annum. Employer’s pension contribution up to a maximum of 8%.
Holidays: public holidays and 25 working days per year (plus three days between Christmas and New Year at the discretion of the Trustees).
Church Homeless Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We employ people on the basis of their skills and experience, not on the basis of religion, sexuality, ethnicity, gender or any other criteria. Our office is wheelchair accessible.
Apply by sending your CV and a supporting statement explaining how you meet the criteria of the person specification. Applications should arrive by midnight on Monday 26th April.
Interviews will take place in person in a Covid-secure way on Thursday 6th May.