Institutional Fundraising Manager
We are looking for an exceptional Institutional Fundraising Manager to lead on securing institutional income for an international children’s right charity.
You will be working for a charity that believes children should enjoy a safe and secure childhood, but for those growing up in the toughest circumstances, these rights are denied. The charity’s aim is for all children to have the opportunity to live in a world in which they enjoy a life free from injustice and abuse.
Position: Institutional Fundraising Manager
Location: London (Partial remote working arrangement)
Salary: 47,000 – 52,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5hrs per week; Permanent
Closing date: 16th April 2021
1st Interview dates: 27th and 28th April 2021
About the role:
The position of Institutional Fundraising Manager is a leading role within the charity. You will be responsible for leading on the delivery of successful institutional fundraising for the organisation to help generate and grow income. You will build on current opportunities and extend the charity’s reach to develop new partnerships and alliances, which will enable the organisation to increase the impact of its work. This role will strive to identify and unlock institutional and other funding streams to maintain sustainable financial support.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Develop, write and submit strong funding applications
- Build on and develop strong relationships with existing funders
- Build strong relationships with the Partnerships and Programmes team
- Manage and lead the identification of approaches to various new grant makers and partners
- Identify target institutions, foundations, trusts, consortia, and companies with a good match to the organisation
- Identify and plan follow up approaches to funding opportunities from institutional donors
- Network within the international development sector
- Develop and manage the organisation’s pipeline of prospects
- Produce reports on the performance and progress of institutional fundraising against agreed targets and objectives
To be successful in the role of Institutional Fundraising Manager you will have a track record of quickly assessing and pre-positioning an organisational institutional funding strategy and of developing, reviewing, and securing institutional donor funding (of at least 6 figures).
Other skills and experience you will bring with you include:
- Ability to devise and implement funding strategies
- Ability to undertake effective research and intelligence gathering to inform opportunity pipelines
- Excellent organisational skills, including an ability to work to deadlines, manage multiple demands, and deliver high quality work under pressure
- Commitment to international development, children’s rights, child protection/safeguarding and gender equality
Although not essential, previous experience of working in low income countries in the Asia and /or Africa region would be highly beneficial, as would experience of working in a child focused organisation.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Major Donor Fundraising., Partnerships Manager, Partnerships Fundraising, Major Gifts Fundraising, Bid Writer, Fundraising Manager, Special Fundraising Projects, Programme Funding,
Manager Institutional Funding & Strategic Partnerships, Senior Development Manager, Head of Programmes, International Development, etc.