Project Co-ordinator Childcare Works
We have an exciting role for a Project Co-ordinator to ensure successful delivery of the Childcare Works Phase 2 project in the South Wales local authority areas of Cardiff, Newport, Torfaen and Rhondda Cynon Taff. This will include working with other organisations to recruit economically inactive people (participants) aged over 25 to support their return to employment, training or an apprenticeship.
Position: Project Co-ordinator Childcare Works
Location: Homebased, covering the areas of Cardiff, Newport, Torfaen and Rhondda Cynon Taff
Hours: Full Time (37 hours per week)
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Duration: This post is a temporary contract funded to 31 December 2021 (Any extension will be subject to further funding)
Benefits: Include 25 days paid holiday (rising to 29 days with service increments) plus 8 bank holiday, Personal Pension Scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Online Discount Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Staff Awards Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Flexible working patterns
Closing Date: 11th April
Interview Date: 14th April
The organisations Childcare Works Phase 2 project is fully funded by the Welsh Government until December 2021 and follows the success of the previous supported employment programmes. This project will be delivered in eight local authorities throughout Wales during the period April 2021 to December 2021. The project will provide supported employment to 32 participants aged 25+, providing them with a range of transferable skills and knowledge to enable them to secure future employment, training or an apprenticeship in the early years and childcare sector. These participants will be employed by the organisation as Trainee Nursery Assistants whilst on the Childcare Works project. The project team will deliver training, provide supported employment and guidance, working with organisations and stakeholders to ensure the agreed contractual targets are fully met. This will support participants in gaining future employment and provide them with the underpinning knowledge and confidence required to undertake Childcare Play Learning and Development (CCPLD) qualifications, further training or an apprenticeship.
As Project Co-ordinator you will deliver training and provide supported employment and guidance, working with other organisations and stakeholders to ensure the agreed contractual targets are fully met.
Main duties include:
- Develop relationships with member organisations and other childcare settings
- Manage robust procedures and systems to monitor and evaluate the Phase 2 project
- Maintain systems for the collection of data
- Undertake budget monitoring and the collection of evidence, providing reports on expenditure
- Assist in the preparation of reports
- Oversee the placements of 16 Trainee Nursery Assistants, providing regular communication and support throughout the duration of the project
As you Project Co-ordinator, you have experience of:
- Delivering training, online and in person
- Working in collaboration with managers to achieve stated goals and milestones
- Working with a variety of different people and settings and able to build relationships at all levels
- Project Co-ordination
- Managing a demand led workload
- Development and implementation of action plans
- Customer service
You will have:
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills; written, oral and presentation
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to supervise staff to consistently deliver outcomes and
- Ability to produce accurate reports and analyse data
- Knowledge and an understanding of the early years and childcare landscape in Wales
To apply you will be asked to submit your CV along with a covering letter detailing how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the role.
About the Organisation
The organisation is a national charity and membership association specifically for nurseries. They work in partnership with nurseries, local authorities, national government and a range of partners to develop an environment in which early learning and care can flourish.
The organisation is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and is actively opposed to discrimination in society.
Early Years, EYF, Childcare, Childcare Works, Project Coordinator, Training, Trainer, Return to work, Employment, Programme, Programmes, Employment Advisor, Nursery Nurse, Nursery, Childcare Coordinator, Recruitment, Induction, Training Programme, Trainee, Apprenticeships, Training and Development, Learning and Development, HR, Human Resources, Education, Membership.