Role Title: Senior Individual Giving Officer
Salary: £30,000 - £32,525
Contract: Full time; 12 month fixed term (Maternity Cover)
Location: Centenary House, St Mary’s Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3PE.
Reporting to: Fundraising Director
Magpas Air Ambulance is an emergency medical charity saving lives across Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and the East of England. Operating 24/7, by air and land, the Magpas medical team are called to the sickest patients in our community and are specially trained to carry out treatments and procedures usually only available in hospital. This saves vital time, protecting lives and reducing disability.
Individual Giving (including our weekly lottery) provides the majority of the Charity’s income and the programme has been developed and invested in over the past two years. We are looking for an experienced Individual Giving Officer with strong direct and digital marketing skills to continue the success of our programme during a period of maternity leave.
You will be joining a friendly, supportive and passionate team and an organisation focused on growth and development. If you think you can help us to continue providing creative, data driven, targeted communications that meet KPIs please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
Strategy & Planning
- Work alongside the Director of Fundraising to produce and execute an effective and sustainable individual giving plan in order to grow income from new and existing donors
- Create and implement effective donor journeys in order to maximise the engagement and retention of individual supporters
- Identify potential new individual giving audiences and implement acquisition strategies in order to grow the individual giving donor base.
- Work across the organisation to champion and promote individual giving and to implement excellent supporter care
- Budget management, forecasting and tracking
- Working alongside our lottery partner, manage all aspects of the Magpas Lottery programme
- Manage all individual giving fundraising campaigns including raffle and seasonal appeals
- Manage and develop supporter communications including welcome, newsletter and post appeal communications
- Develop and execute regular giving products and appeals
- Produce and execute legacy and in memoriam marketing plans
- Ensure all individual giving activity complies with the appropriate regulation and legislation and delivers an excellent experience for supporters
Data Management & Reporting
- Manage the selection and segmentation of individual giving data for campaign purposes
- Ensure accurate and timely import and export of donor data to ensure that supporter records are up to date at all times
- Use campaign data to track and report on effectiveness of activity, attrition and inform decision making and future planning
- Identify and develop the systems and processes necessary to deliver effective individual giving activity including the website and email, fundraising database, data analysis tools and social media
- Proven experience of managing large scale individual giving activity including appeals, recruitment campaigns and retention communications to achieve income targets across mail, phone, email, social media and through face to face fundraising
- Experience of producing compelling supporter creative and fundraising messages
- Experience of data selection and segmentation and the effective use of supporter data for campaign purposes
- Good knowledge and experience of using a fundraising database for comprehensive reporting and analysis.
- Proven ability to manage relationships with third party suppliers including creative agencies, printers and fulfilment house.
- Proven ability to work closely with internal team members including; Communications Officer, Supporter Care Manager and Finance department
- Self-sufficient and confident to make decisions within the boundaries of the role
This role is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date: 16th April 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
We are currently operating on blended working from home and the office, following COVID -19 safe working practices. Please make sure that any application clearly demonstrates that you live, or will be living within a commutable distance of the main place of work.
If this opportunity interests you, please click the Apply button to be directed to our recruitment page, where you can download the job description and complete your application for this position.
Magpas Air Ambulance is committed to providing equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all current and prospective staff, volunteers and Trustees. We aim to create an environment where everyone can be the best they can be, where they feel welcome and are free from bias and discrimination. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you do not hear from us in 2 weeks from the closing date, unfortunately this means you have not been shortlisted to the next stage of the selection process.
No agencies please