Full Time 37.5 hours per week (Part Time considered)
At Citizens Advice Hounslow we are looking to appoint an experienced Generalist Adviser with the ability to work remotely (via phone and/or digital channels) as well as the flexibility to work from our offices and outreach venues when viable.
To apply you need to demonstrate:
- at least one year full-time or part-time equivalent experience of providing high quality advice and casework at generalist level;
- a sound knowledge of generalist enquiry areas, in particular welfare benefits and debt;
- the ability to work out benefit calculations and better-off calculations in a system where Universal Credit and legacy benefits operate alongside;
- the ability to meet deadlines and manage your workload in a pressured environment;
- the capacity to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision
- good communication and IT skills to deal efficiently with telephone queries, online information and case recording on a CRM.
- the willingness to take up research & campaign work in accordance with the aims and principles of Citizens Advice
- the willingness to carry out any other reasonable duties as and when required to meet service needs
- the flexibility to work remotely and ideally move around the borough and work from our venues if required, should this become possible again.
For more details about the role please visit our website via the Apply buttonto download the Job Description and Person Specification.
Closing date: On-going
Please note: We can only respond to successful applicants. We reserve the right to close this vacancy as soon as it has been filled, therefore if you are interested please submit your application as early as possible.
We offer a range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, pension contribution, and training and opportunities to continue your professional development.
We consider applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.