Assistant Accountant – Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 per annum, dependent on proven experience.
Hours of working: Normal office hours are 10 am to 6 pm over weekdays. Evening and weekend work will occasionally be required.
Normal place of work: Hopewell Square, London E14, online until further notice.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Our client, a Ballet company, are looking to return their Finance team to a full complement to support increased activity as they prepare to reopen their building at London City Island to the public and return to performances on stage.
Their Finance team is a high performing, hard-working and close-knit team who work collaboratively with each other and the wider organisation. The team aims for high performance, efficiency, and seeks to deliver a high level of service to users of the Finance Team. The role would suit a candidate currently studying towards an accountancy qualification.
Key areas of responsibility for this role include monthly balance sheet reconciliations; income processing and attend to the sales and debtors ledger; income reporting; assist the team with the preparation of management information; day-to-day cashflow management; support the co-ordination of the year-end reporting processes; participate in work relating to the external audit, and the review and update the finance policies.
Experience and Knowledge
- Studying towards ACCA or CIMA, or AAT qualified with experience of working within a structured finance team
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of a general ledger, double-entry, finance processes and procedures, financial and management reporting, purchase and receivables ledger processes.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and active listening skills with the ability to articulate financial information accurately and succinctly.
- Proficient accuracy and attention to detail, with high level of numeracy and comprehension of financial information.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet agreed deadlines; able to prioritise own work load whilst dealing with conflicting deadlines, with an efficient, focussed and calm approach.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, and finance general ledger software applications.
- Working knowledge of online banking systems.
- Experience/demonstrable understanding in using CRM databases
- Working knowledge of SUN Systems V6.3 and Q&A
- Working knowledge of VAT for charities
- Professional and ethical approach in all aspects of your work as an ambassador for the Company.
- Have a can-do attitude and flexible approach to work.
- Positive enthusiasm for the ballet company and the performing arts generally.
- Effective in balancing work and life demands.
Deadline for applications: 9am, Monday 12 April 2021.
Selection Process: Interviews will be held via Zoom; week commencing 19 April 2021.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications received, the employer is unable to contact those that are unsuccessful.
Please click 'Apply’ - you will then be prompted to complete a short CHM Recruit form before being redirected to complete your application.
No agencies please.