Business Development Officer
Remote Working – Regular travel expected
Full Time Post c£25,000 dependant on experience
12 month fixed term contract, with potential extension
Compassionate Communities UK is a registered charitable trust devoted to promoting and encouraging the civic sector to assume social responsibilities in the creation and delivery of community support to its locality covering areas such as health, sickness and end of life care.
We are recruiting this key role to our small team to focus on creating a supportive membership component, while engaging in the enhancement of our education, training and consultancy services to clients.
- You will be the engine of Compassionate Communities UK – ensuring that our charity can continue to grow through delivering exceptional partnerships with our clients.
- You will be measured on your sales performance and will be responsible for prospects across multiple stages of the sales process.
- You will pitch Compassionate Communities as a way of working to the senior leadership of civic organisations and know how to add value in conversations, whatever the scenario.
- As the face of Compassionate Communities UK, you will keep the current and future membership up to date with the latest professional development opportunities and networks Compassionate Communities UK has to offer.
- You will liaise with all parts of the Compassionate Communities UK team to ensure effective implementation of our services for our membership. As the key member contact you will be best place to assist in the planning, promoting and supporting the charity’s education, training and consultancy services.
OK, that is you, but who are we?
Compassionate Communities UK is a fast-growing registered charity founded in 2016. Our mission is to describe and advocate the necessity of all civic members of the community – from businesses, schools, local governments, and faith groups, to neighbourhoods, cultural organisation, hospices and other healthcare institutions – to contribute to the creation of compassionate communities, in health, in sickness and in end-of-life care.
The most important component for health and well being are social relationships, the heart of which is compassion. If we are to live long, healthy, happy lives, social relationships are a necessity. We are on a journey to deliver the tools to radically transform communities, health and well being and how we care for each other through the hardships of life.
OK, I’m interested. What experience do I need to have?
- You are able to demonstrate you have met or exceeded your current and previous sales targets.
- You know how to adapt your style to varying levels of people within the business or educational communities as well as health and social care services.
- You are a consultative selling, working closely with your managers on strategy, targets, and customer locations.
- You have the ability to simplify a complex set of ideas and practices to identify possible solutions for our clients – this may include project planning, technical understanding, etc.
- You can work across multiple levels of an organisation, and you understand that the receptionist is as important as the CEO.
- You are motivated to take the early train to meet a prospect, because you know how much face time matters.
- You are passionate about our mission.
- Ideally, you have a working knowledge of UK end of life/palliative care.
- It is desirable that you have an existing knowledge of the “new” public health/health promotion and community development.
We are perfect for each other, what are the next steps?
We are currently recruiting heavily and have a lot of CV’s to go through. We will confirm receipt of your interest, and will review your CV and covering letter of interest after the closing date of the 16th April 2021.
We plan, depending on volume of interest, to be in touch with you within days to let you know if we think we might be a match, and if we are not.
If it is a match, then we will arrange a time to talk to you on the phone where we can have a discussion about the role, our charity’s aims, and we can discuss what we are looking for and what knowledge, skills and attributes you can bring to the charity. .
If we continue, then we will invite you to an interview, via zoom, to meet members of the team and founders.
We get it, there are a lot of great roles out there, so we will make sure to get through the rounds as quickly as possible. All we ask is you keep us up to date with your plans.
Just to keep in mind, this position is based on success. Initially a 12-month fixed term contract with key review dates, this position will have agreed targets and outcomes to meet and depending on the success of the role the position can be extended.
To find out more about us, take a look at our website: www.compassionate-communitiesuk.co.uk
How to Apply
Please submit a letter of interest outlining why you feel you are right for this post as well as your CV, by clicking on the Apply button below.
Please identify you are applying for the BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER role in the subject title.
You should receive an acknowledgement of receipt within 48 hours.